Game 7's x 3 NHL Playoffs

by Seven 47 Replies latest social physical

• Jourles
    Jourles

Well, I guess it's time to firm up my golf game and not hang out watching hockey anymore. I don't even have a favorite with the remaining teams. I guess the Disney Ducks are as good as any.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

*points and laughs at Jourles*

<-----does the happy hockey victory dance!

• Gopher
    Gopher

<---- Hugs Joanna and dances around the room

• Seven
    Seven

Bad news on the doorstep...I couldn't take one more step

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I have to admit, I am a bit inebriated right now. Please forgive me, my Leafs have bit the dust.

Anyways: Vancouver Canucks go on to the next round; Minnesota Wild, WOW -Beat the AVS! - way to go! Those St. Louis Blues, played a good game. I take my hat off to them.

The Ducks, Flyers, Devils and Senators are waiting in the sidelines. This should prove to be an interesting series.

I think the Ottawa Senators are gonna take it.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Woohoo! The Minnesota Wild have just become my new favorite hockey team! Jourles, what did you say about the Av's winning the Cup? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!! Okay I will be good and not publicly root for anyone cause I AM bad luck! Sheesh! Er wait, go Mighty Ducks! :p ~Aztec

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

OMG I am too tired this morning. Exasperated with the Leafs, and using toothpicks on my eyelids to keep them open during the Canucks Blues game.Well let's see how I did, from my post BEFORE the games started.( dig at rocketman for posting piks after the horses were out of the gate )

My pick Flyers, Canucks and Avs.

I am rooting for the Leafs, Canucks and the Wild.

OK 2 out of 3 not bad.

The reason I picked the Flyers over my Leafs, is I just thought they had exhausted themselves on Monday night, and just didn't have enough gas left. I actually thought last years Leafs had a better chance than this years team. The addition of Nolan and Gilmore at the trading deadline was more window dressing, to appease the fans and shareholders than it was to add any depth to the team. In fact I think it added disharmony, and disjoined the team, rather than help the gel as a unit. Shane Corson was obviously unhappy, and quit, and I think there was not a "good feel " in the dressing room. Also Sundin, did not seem to be playing up to his potential.

I was happily surprised, with the Wild. Who knows how far they can go.

The flyers I think can go all the way. They outplayed Toronto the whole series. Never letting up on the forechecking and backchecking, and preventing the Leafs form clearing their zone on umpteen occasions. I think the chemistry there is right, and they are now on an emotional high after winning.

I was a bit miffed at the Flyers fans as well. Kinda hoped all that bullshit was put behind us. But it was great to see the handshakes after the game. When all is said and done, I think these guys have immense respect for each other. There was even a shot of Flyer and Leaf fans in the stands, shaking hands after the game was over.

Sorry Jourles. The " Colarado High " has fizzled out to be a weak distrubance. I think next year could be Roy's last if he dosen't retire this year.

BTW Check out your earlier predictions to see how you fared !

• Seven
    Seven

xjw_b12,

Tired is right!! I'll wear sunglasses all day. Only three of my original pics advanced to the next round.

Re: Leafs. I don't take losing very well but I can accept it if I see players who are willing to die trying. I saw none of that last night. You can be exhausted and still have heart. Show some! That was as disgraceful a performance as I've ever seen. I didn't expect them to get to every loose puck but for gawd's sake make the attempt!!

From an auslander's point of view, dump the overpayed underachievers and add a few hometown boys who love the city, it's people and the Leafs. A team might as well lose in the first round with someone that loves them.

seven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit