......those few men in their Ivory Tower in NY have taken it away. We're not even allowed to think for ourselves. What are your thoughts on this?
Created with a FreeWill........but........
Ah yes, the good old curse of "independent thinking":
*** w89 9/15 p. 23 Be Obedient to Those Taking the Lead ***
13In the world, there is a tendency to reject leadership. As one lecturer said: "The rising education level has improved the talent pool such that followers have become so critical that they are almost impossible to lead." But a spirit of independent thinking does not prevail in God’s organization...
Read: "We want to keep our followers at a low education level, so that they'll be easier to lead."
Education and self-thought is the WTS-killer.
I think we have to admit -they didnt take it away- we gave it to them ( that is in my case) I came in as an adult-Of course you that was raised in it didnt have a choice -the one that took you in sacrificed you to the Idol of the WatchTower .......
There are a lot of subtle (and not so subtle) threats when you're a Witness, attempting to do what you honestly perceive to be the true God's will. . If you can be convinced into believing you are going to be toast at the Big A if you don't comply with all the rules and regs, the alacrity with which you hand over your freedom is alarming, to say the least.
It's called free will when going in........independant thinking (aposticy) when exiting. Go figure!
That was one of my main struggles with the whole thing. Why were we created with that free will and being constantly reminded of the need for a "bible trained conscience" to help us make wise choices if some person or publication existed to tell us exactly what was and was not permissible? What was the point of the farce of personal study if we were incapable of making the right decision even with the "spiritual food" we were being given in such abundance? It never made sense to me that we were required to allow a collective conscience to rule our every action. Guess that is why I didn't fit in - not "humble" enough to accept that someone else should dictate my private and personal decisions.
Get rid of the men in Brooklyn. Now.
...and here i thought you were talking about me... ;)
With free will would you....
1) Tell people they are not worth living, because they don't have the "true religion".
2) Let your child die because of not giving them life sustaining blood or heart transplant or liver transplant or......
3) Tell your "loved ones" only when they are doing wrong; and never when they are doing right.
4) Would you quit a job, simply because someone told you to..... becasue the end is coming.
5) Would you give up on your child because they are a challenge and not "perfect".
6) Take a cross and throw it in the trash with so much contempt that people standing by look at you like you are Satan himself.
7) Would you lecture someone on saying "bless you" when you sneeze to the point that the person will probably never say "bless you" again.
8) Would you disregard a plea for help just because there were not 2 eye witnesses.
9) Would you disregard a plea for help because MENTAL abuse and PHYSICAL abuse are not grounds for divorce; JUST LIVE WITH IT!
10) With free would you ..........
disown your child.
I don't know; maybe some people would. How many JW's are there now?
Mystery...excellent points. You make the whole JW experience sound as ludicrous as....well, it actually is.