Is everyone bitter against JW's?

by Redneckgurl 38 Replies latest jw friends

• daydrops
    daydrops

-tp- 26/m

firstly, i'd like to say i had alot of fun reading everyones reply. when i first visited this site, i was worried about alot of JW bashing going on. but i think alot of firends share simular feelings as myself....i am not bitter about the time spent as a witness becuase of 1)the education in a facinating subject, biblical history, prophecy and theology. 2)making friends with some genuinly nice people, trying to be good (even if failing). 3) an organized, purposed life(which can be reassuring to people in sad states). and 4)a start to a relationship with god. -maybe i was raised a witness and had to endure this and that... it made me a good, fair and impartial person today and those are some of my finer features in my opinion. (they say i have pretty eyes, too)

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Deary,

No, I'm not bitter at all, when I start to study, I did'nt hear anything proven wrong. The interpretation from the bible seamed to be correct - and still I agreed wich most. I had a lot of difficulties seeing their way about our "faithful slaves" but once I decided that I did'nt belong to that class, I was'nt thinking of the organisation very much at all.
    There were a lot of "silly" rules that I somehow accepted, being a member of a brotherhood.But having a large not-beliving family, I actually did what I want to do -like visiting on birthdayÕs.
    But only after my daughter was kicked out (she wanted it and gave the elders al ammunition they needed to do so) and she constantly gave me information proving how much was wrong in the organisation, I saw that this was not the "truth" at all.

Officially I am still a JW, but I am no longer going to the meetings.
    I don't think the elders will accept this much longer (having a lot of contacts with my daughter a.s.o.) and I will happily accept when they decided that I am no longer worthy to be a member, but I don't take steps : much easier for me. I do have friends in the hall and thus they are not forbidden to see or talk with me, thats all.

I think that, when your husband is willing to read any objective proof of wrongness, not out of bitterness (because it is quite clear that when people are kicked out - when they don't actially want it - only because they are questioning - they are no longer positively about "the Truth") then he must admit that things (the organisation) are not what they seemed to be.

I was at the memorial last week (for the last time) and they quote John 3 :16 : For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (King James version) what is directly in opposition to what they tell : everybody who is not in the truth will be destroyed in Armageddon. You just have to remind anybody that whole Christianity actially do believe in the sacrifice of Jezus Christ for mankind.

Hope that the eyes of your husband will get opened.

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, Redneckgurl! Love that name.

I'm not bitter or angry. But then, I'm not shunned by my loved ones, and haven't lost any of them to death by refusal of vaccinations or blood transfusions, either. I expect I would be bitter and angry if either of those conditions were so.

Nope, not emotional about it. Just, I recognize the truth of the situation regarding that religion. Acknowledging and accepting the facts is not an emotional action; it's a logical one.

They are liars and scam artists, as can be demonstrated over and over from their own contradictory and self-condemning literature. I'm no more angry at them than I am angry at the annual ragtag Kroger parking lot carnival shyster who has the rigged Midway game where you try to knock over a stack of three milk bottles with a baseball, unaware that one of them has a heavy lead base.

I recognize him for what he is. I don't give him my money or listen to his promises and luring speech. But I'm not angry with him.

• Mystery
    Mystery

Webster Dictionary: Bitter - Difficult or distasteful to accept or admit.

I began studing the history of JW's because I wanted to PROVE them right. I did not agree with several teachings of "the Bible" as a child (shunning for 1) but when I knew how much I would hurt my mom & dad if I completely left the "truth," I wanted to prove to myself that MY DOUBTS were wrong.

If I was bitter it was because "it was difficult to accept" (as Webster says) that I could not prove JW's were right. That My PARENTS were so wrong. That my parents would not open their eyes to the WTBTS very on literature. I really truly wanted to prove to myself that everything was right. Look at all I was losing IF I COULDN'T PROVE IT. I WANTED to convince myself.... I WANTED to persuade myself. I would lose all I believed in if it wasn't true.

Ask your husband what he believes in, really truly believes in, besides JW's, if it was taken away from him what would happen? Does your husband really think anyone wants to be shunned from ALL of our JW family? Does your husband think "we" want to spend time sitting at this computer just so that we can find someone else that has opened their eyes to a lie that (most) we believed in? Each of of has haunts regarding JW's, if we didn't we would't need this site, none of us would be here.

• zucker
    zucker

I hear this thing on the radio all the time. This guy starts talking about how the left hate america and such. They stage protests and oppose our presidents politics because they hate america. It's a lot of trash. I saw a good bumper sticker that said, I love my country, but hate my government. I like that. What people hate is the guys and gals at the top who inflict the pain on people around the world. People hate those shells of human beings because they are controling so much of what people do and think and live and die for. While in appears that I am way off topic I think the same hold true with the jw's. Most of us don't hate the individual members of the congerations. We dispise that so much of our time has been wasted serving men. We hate the fact that so many have died for nothing. You should have you husband read this post. He can't say we aren't civil. He can't say that we are all bitter. Good luck!

zucker

• Redneckgurl
    Redneckgurl

Wow! Thanks so much for the heartfelt replies! I sat down with my husband last night to read them, I don't know what he thought, he didn't really say, but I feel better myself knowing that the reason most of you are no longer part of the org is because you were searching as I am. Now, I am not saying that I am leaving, yet. I haven't made up my mind, although it is full of questions.. Don't they always say that this religion fills all of the holes? Well, I found some.

Redneckgurl

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Now, I know why your called daydrops instead of 'teardrops'.

Guest 77

• azaria
    azaria

I enjoyed everyone’s posts. I do believe in justified anger, but then ideally you work it through, let it go and go on. (but I believe that it can only be done through prayer, because I don't think we can do it on our own- sometimes the deed done by someone is too difficult to let go of and I think it can be a daily process of deciding, yes I forgive that person, even if I don’’t feel like doing it) I do believe that when you can’’t let go of anger it mostly hurts yourself. I think it is probably the hardest thing to let go of, but it's what God wants of us.

But I do have a problem with some of the statements. You don't have to be a JW to keep yourself out of trouble. I sometimes wonder, do JW believe that people other than them have no morals, no sense of right or wrong? That we are worldly so we do whatever we want and not worry about the consequences? I was never a JW and never got into drugs or got pregnant out of wedlock, nor have my children used drugs and my daughter has not gotten pregnant (but if she ever did, I would support her, that she knew that I loved her and that she wasn't bad because of it; people of any religion do sometimes get into trouble and then we support them; who hasn't done something wrong or sinful; some things are just easier to hide than others) When all is said and done what God really wants from us is to to have relationships: to love Him and to love each other. I hope I have not offended anyone with these remarks, that was not my intent (I did not write this with bitterness, but more with puzzlement)

• kls
    kls

For me bitter is such a,nice word.As time went on in my case it turned to pure hate,like so many here they took away my adult life and family members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit