Ex-Jehovah's Witness Recovering Group 3 and This Site

by dubstepped 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Tallon
    Tallon

I too would like to express my thanks to Simon and his wife for providing this platform. In fact, this was the very first EXJW website I looked at. Despite the fact that I was into my second year of fading, I must admit that I was quite anxious about looking at this website - I guess that the FOG still had a grip on me.

This website opened my eyes to what was really going on within the WTBTS - the 10 year hidden UN NGO membership was the clincher for me. Although I do not consider myself to be religious anymore, Luke 8:17 rings true: For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open - New International Version.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Thanks very much for your hard work Simon, its very much appreciated !

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Interestingly one thing that really attracted me to this site - not yet mentioned - when I first nervously googled " Jehovahs Witnesses"( as so many of us do) is just how Damn FUNNY the community could be.

Sometimes I'd be literally laughing through my "poor shunned" tears!!😊

And as for information...well...it's just phenomenal!! Any and all subjects or info/experiences relating to watchtower, high CONTROL religions, Coftys excellent evolution threads, some excellent Biblical history

(and of course cats)...well, you name it!!

It goes without saying, I can't thank Simon and his beautifully named wife ( that I can't spell...sorry Ang !!) enough!!!

So sad about Facebook 3 it's being going a long time. Anyone know why??? Does Katy Kitten run it at all? I know exjw podcast had it's revolution and is now part of the JW survey corporation...I think a Facebook group should be reasonably low maintenance??? Please correct me if I'm wrong?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

If you go to the Facebook group there's some measure of explanation. I believe it was run by a guy named Ruben (sp?) and several mods. They had rules and I think it took quite a bit of work as people didn't follow them. A Facebook group can be as much work as you want depending on the rules you create. They had a vision and carried it out.

From what I gather many of the people running it were just getting busy in their own lives outside the exjw community. I know they said that they were taking a much needed break. I guess they can always reopen it. I know one person involved and offered to possibly get involved myself. I don't know that I could run it though. I liked the idea of having the opportunity to find out what was involved. I'm sure it's way more than any of us knows. I know they had issues with dubs coming in and starting stuff or trying to put people. Someone tried to out me. I was already out though.

That's all I really know. I posted there at times to help someone or share my podcasts. I actually ran across old friends there and reconnected. Pretty cool. There's one benefit to more transparency, I guess.

• doubtfull1799
    doubtfull1799

Thanks very much Simon for all your hard work and commitment to keeping this site going. It is an invaluable forum and support group for so many and much appreciated.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Simon, thanks so much for this site!

Truthseeker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit