Ex-Jehovah's Witness Recovering Group 3 and This Site

by dubstepped 25 Replies latest jw friends

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

I appreciate this site very much. Thank you, Simon and all that assist you!

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Thank you Simon!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

Thank you so much for this forum.

I realize many people have come and gone and some needed to move on. I am especially thinking of those that had to play a game of catch-up with regard to educating themselves and getting a career at a late date. No time to post on a forum anymore. Also, some were so traumatized by the religion they needed to forget it for a while. I wish them all the best.

I think that today this forum is especially helpful because so many want to leave the religion and have nowhere to turn. I remember how it felt back in the day when I knew something was wrong and I had nobody to confide in. It was wonderful to find this place.👍🏻

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I’m really surprised this forum isn’t more popular. Forums like Facebook and reddit make posting and answering or making comments very time sensitive. There very superficial so to speak.

Here a thread can be started and it will maybe loose traction after a while but one can still find older threads and comment on them and they get pushed back to the front so to speak so that thread can continue to be discussed. The way those forums are structured it seems like it just doesn’t happen as well.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Simon takes criticism well and that's important for a site like this.

I know I have often engaged Simon in debate and sometimes have found it quite difficult engaging with his pov. Well I am very happy that I have finally found a site that enables me to take a fresh look at his pov and this is via futureLearn of course - read the blog and you will see why - re- https://www.happiness-lens.ed.ac.uk/global-gender-gap-reports-could-we-make-them-more-realistic-and-less-offensive/

When agencies adopt explicitly chauvinistic approaches by focusing on women as victims of violence or inequality, this often shows a worrying degree of naive man-blaming and a lack of concern for male disadvantages. But at least if the labeling is clear, we are forewarned about any bias. The WEF report goes a step further by using ‘Gender Gap’ as a pseudonym for ‘female disadvantage’ and thereby carrying out a disingenuous pretence at rationality.
    Worse, they try to get away with this by not only ignoring some extremely important areas of male disadvantage,
  • Phoebe
    Phoebe

I ditto on the sentiments expressed above.

This site quite literally saved me when I first woke up. I was in such turmoil and anguish and I came across this site and well, the love, support and guidance I got from everyone was overwhelming. I don't think I would be where I am today if it hadn't been for this site. I have made some really good friends and I continue to benefit from the wealth of knowledge and experience.

So, Simon, a huge thank you from me!

xx

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

I feel this site has been a emotional lifeline for many of us. This place has become a daily habit for both my wife and I. Being able to have the freedom to speak your mind after being trap in a cult where that freedom is taken away from you is so freshing to our well being. We may not always agree with one another but that is how normal people act. Thank you Simon for all you have done. Let the healing continue until no more cults like the wt. exist. Still Totally ADD

• LV101
    LV101

These POSTS and live testimonies need to be on opening page for all doubting JWs -- required reading for all JWs and accessible to all associated in the mental/physical health communities. Simon and Angharad (hope I spelled her name correctly/apologize if not!) have created and provided a literal lifeline. Should be 'warning reality messages' legally required and printed in all Watchtower/Awake journals, or whatever they peddle, to protect the innocent.

Simon is not only phenomenally intelligent but is a techno brainiac the way he manages and keeps this machine running. There are times when many sites I frequent are down/off the grid but this one is up and working efficiently as ever -- it's amazing!

Best to Simon, Angharad and family!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    It isn't easy staying involved in the ex-JW community.

No pun intended, but AMEN!

I also want express appreciation for Simon. Managing an ex-JW community has to be difficult, so thank you.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I removed myself from all the FB exjw pages, for some reason they just seem too toxic, over familiar and tend to bring out the worst in people, I had 2 very abusive exchanges with two exjw's over the years, I was blocked by one and received a tirade of abuse from another (both women!) FB generally is like this, and as regards to the guy called Tim Nassen and some of the trolls targeting Cedars it went well over the line, I like the slightly more anonymous feel to this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit