Does anybody know if the WTS, invests in the 2 companys of Lockheed Martin & Grumman Northrop, which are 2 of the biggest weapons suppliers?

by Dunedain 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

I read in another thread, where it said that the WTS, has investments from stocks, with the companys of Lockheed Martin and Grumman Northrop. These are some of the biggest weapons suppliers to the US,UK, and Israel. I would think it would be VERY hypocritical for a Christian organisation, that claims to be nuetral, and to "learn war no more", to invest money in companys that produce weapons, that are used in wars.

Is this true, though? Does anyone here know, if the WTS has stocks in these companys? I dont want to start any false rumors, or anything like that, but i did read it somewhere, ONLY mentioned in a thread. Does anyone, have any proof of this, or articles, that show this? Or is this just speculation, or hearsay?

If anybody, has ANY info, or proof of this, i would appreciate if you could share it here. Maybe, this is even common knowledge to some, and i am "late to the game", and there is a thread about this already, but i have no idea, and would really like to know, and confirm this. Thanks in advance.

• sammy
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    Great link Sammy.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Just to be clear:

The Riley Trust is an independent trust which has nothing to do with the Watchtower.

A Trust can be set up to make you, a company, an organization or anyone else a beneficiary. You have no control over what the Trust does financially. The only thing that you or any beneficiary can do is to decline any benefit from the Trust.

The Riley Trust is and has always been a storm in a teacup.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Saintb may I ask please because I am a complete newbie when it comes to share etc a) can we assume someone willed the Riley Trust to the Watchtower and b) in theory then would we know if the Watchtower has declined to be a beneficiary?
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Diogenesister,

a) Yes that is the most lightly case. However a Trust can also operate while the person who initiated the Trust is alive and well.

b) I have come across a number of Trusts that have donated to the Watchtower organization. There was one Trust that was seeding a plethora of religious organizations including the Watchtower corp. Now unless the Watchtower checked the financials of every Trust from which they accepted benefits, they would not be aware what the Trust was investing in.

I guess the Watchtowers argument in accepting funds unquestioningly would be that a serial ax murderer could walk into a Kingdom Hall and drop money in the contribution box.

"...in theory then would we know if the Watchtower has declined to be a beneficiary?"... I never specifically checked it out. I have always assumed they took the money.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Thank you Saintb always a font of information! you and my other favourite poster Giordano should start changing for your pearls of wisdom!😉

I think in this case as you say it is the proverbial storm in the teacup indeed.

• sammy
    sammy

The problem with this trust, is that the Watchtower is the sole beneficiary as indicated by its name, ' H. Riley for Watch Tower bible' and the content from the form 990 .

Knowing the origin of dirty money is different of an anonymous deposit

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Hi Sammy,

What I can say is that the Riley trust shifts their investment portfolio and the stock selection changes over time.

The Riley trust is also the source of the Phillip Morris accusation.

The fact is the Riley Trust is just investing prudently.

Knowing the origin of dirty money is different of an anonymous deposit

That's if you bother to check. If I started a charity I would definitely not check where the money comes from to maintain plausible deniability. And that I believe is the Watchtowers defense.

The fact is when you open yourself to public contributions sooner or later someone who is possibly a bad person will contribute to a church or charity to assuage their conscience. I'm not saying Henrietta Riley was a bad person at all mind you. Just that she left her money in the hands of a executor who used a fund manager who tries to maximize the Trusts profit. And the Trust is actually not doing badly at all. The reason being Tobacco, Guns and airplanes are part of a balanced portfolio.

• sammy
    sammy

Hi Saintberthold,

I know that, and the executor is the Comerica bank. It's only a question of ethics in relation to the education of the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit