"If you are teaching intolerance, we WILL shut you down!" English Prime Minister David Cameron

by stuckinarut2 51 Replies latest social current

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm not going to lie I haven't missed your relativistic bullshit one little bit.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Stuckinarut2 you mention the "prime minister of England", but alas, I must inform you, there is no such thing. Not until 2021 or thereabouts when Scots will hopefully reassert their independence. Until then he's PM of the UK.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Cofty you don't believe scientific facts are subject to change? Of course they are! Stephen Fry mentioned on QI the other week that something like 20% of scientific facts are discarded per decade. It's got a technical term, "factual slippage" or something. Some facts (4.5 billion years as age of the earth) are obviously more vulnerable than others (roughly spherical) to "slippage", but nothing is entirely, 100%, absolutely, positively, immune to revision. That's the point. To preach otherwise is indoctrination.
  • cofty
    cofty

As usual you create a straw man and then smugly destroy it.

Congratulations

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    A scientist can collect 100 pieces of evidence that proves his theory and continue thinking that he may be wrong. A religious person makes a claim and no evidence will ever make him see his flaws.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The problem with scientism and out and out materialists is that they don't recognise that atoms have awareness. Depak Chopra summed it up well.

http://youtu.be/PKe4fshETQ4

• cofty
    cofty
    Now you're just taking the piss.
  • cofty
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Chopra misuses some technical terms that's absolutely true. But he understands the nature of the universe better than Dawkins that's also absolutely true. We are stardust that's a fact. And pansychism is gaining popularity as a way of understanding the world over against materialism - that is also a fact. Check out Thomas Nagel.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/panpsychism/

• cofty
    cofty
    pansychism is gaining popularity

You are confusing popularity with veracity.

Facts align with reality even if nobody believes in them.

Just like Chopra your last post is a muddle of facts and fantasies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit