"If you are teaching intolerance, we WILL shut you down!" English Prime Minister David Cameron

by stuckinarut2 51 Replies latest social current

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    In my experience the most intolerant people are those who have their version of tolerance disagreed with.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Prime Minister of England made the above statement yesterday regarding any schools that influence youths in a negative manner.

Quite right too. How does he intend to implement this, I wonder?

• baltar447
    baltar447
    LOL, I wonder if this blowhard will have to balls to say that to Muslim schools.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

"If you are teaching intolerance, we WILL shut you down!" English Prime Minister David Cameron

Good sentiment, and I hope he backs it up with the implementation of a good plan.

Unfortunately, it's not just schools the PM and anti-extremism groups such as Prevent need to monitor - some university campuses have been accused of harboring extremism within their Islamic Societies.

The following article by Brendan O'Neill details his participation in a freedom of speech debate at Trinity College, Dublin. If accurate, the reactions of the students in the audience is noteworthy ...

http://blogs.new.spectator.co.uk/2015/10/why-are-students-now-cheering-about-the-massacre-at-charlie-hebdo/

Cameron had better roll up his sleeves and get cracking - he has much to do.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I thought you Brits had entrenched free speech into your laws?

Why try our best, but free speech doesn't include teaching children that Jews are descendants of apes and pigs or that Sharia law is a suitable response to homosexuality.

You're welcome.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

WE try our best, blah blah blah.

Bloody edit's not working ...

• username
    username

cofty - I'm speaking in general, the schools already indoctrinate kids into thinking the west is whiter than white when it comes to conflicts etc.

• username
    username

baltar447 loving your avatar. The epitome of a man who gave off a air of trust whilst deception was his game. :)

• snugglebunny
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

username - "I swear this prime minister of ours is turning into a dictator."

Um, pretty sure that dictators advocate intolerance rather than condemn it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit