"If you are teaching intolerance, we WILL shut you down!" English Prime Minister David Cameron

by stuckinarut2 51 Replies latest social current

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The Prime Minister of England made the above statement yesterday regarding any schools that influence youths in a negative manner.

He went on to say that if youths are influenced in a negative manner regarding Religious teachings that promote judgement of others (including same sex relationships, etc ) or that look down on other peoples free choice, the government would take action.

I cant find a newspaper article sorry...I just heard it on the radio news...

Very interesting though...It may have a bearing on how those who learn TTATT are treated by the organization??

• username
    username
    I swear this prime minister of ours is turning into a dictator. There are so many sound bites to be gleaned from recent speeches this prick has given. He said on Sunday he is not afraid to press the red button! Absolutely scary, another Thatcher all over again!
  • cofty
    cofty
    username - In what way is is dictatorial to tell schools that they are not allowed to indoctrinate children?
  • Petraglyph
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

This quote is interesting:

"we've got children being taught that they shouldn't mix with people of other religions"

Hmm...?!?!

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I think it would be more scary if Cameron had not confirmed he would 'press the button'... as he said himself...

"If you give any other answer then you are, frankly, undermining our national security, undermining our deterrent, ".

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I don't know anything about the chap but based on the comments he sounds fairly balanced , fair and impartial to me. Disclaimer: based on the comments! I will however endeavor to squeeze in some British politics in my already overloaded knowledge schedule 😰
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    That right there may be the reason for the name change
    from Theocratic Ministry School and Service Meeting
    to Our Christian Life and Ministry Meeting.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I thought you Brits had entrenched free speech into your laws?

John Stuart Mill in 1869 in his book On Liberty approached the problem of authority versus liberty from the viewpoint of a 19th-century utilitarian: The individual has the right of expressing himself so long as he does not harm other individuals. The good society is one in which the greatest number of persons enjoy the greatest possible amount of happiness. Applying these general principles of liberty to freedom of expression, Mill states that if we silence an opinion, we may silence the truth. The individual freedom of expression is therefore essential to the well-being of society. Mill wrote:

If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and one, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind,
    So whats he talking about?
    You Brits sound so nice when I hear you talk with your accents! You guys and gals could sell ice to the Inuit/Eskimo with the way you guys talk. LOL Even when it's one of your politicians peddling bullshit.
  • jws
    jws
    Not that I don't agree with the sentiment, but isn't it a little weird to say don't be intolerant or we will not tolerate you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit