music groups that pi$$ed JWs off

by Pleasuredome 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Nomad Soul
    Nomad Soul

"There is much to be learned here, but it's not for the weak-willed or faint-hearted."

Man, one of the reasons I stopped going to the meetings because the publications and brothers generalized about all people. I hate that.

I don't know, but that comment seemed somwhat the same, because of my age? perhaps?

I may be wrong.

• Robdar
    Robdar

A sister got onto me once for listening to Elton John because "he is gay" !!!!! She almost fainted when she heard my reply.

And I once heard a story about a demon that appeared in the form a headless cat under a sister's bed covers after she had listened to the golden oldie "Age of Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" by the 5th Dimension.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahah.

Robyn

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Nomad Soul,

No offense intended. Maybe I am envious of the fact that you made a wise decision to opt out of the Jay Dubs at nineteen - the same age when I was just coming under their influence.

More power to you brother! and, like I said - Welcome.

Continue to walk with cheeeses.

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Lets see...The Ohio Players because the had nudity on there album covers.

Anything by Prince in the 80"s.

Led Zepplin..That damn Stairway to heaven song.

Gladys Knight back in the day she was on the Buddah label. Can't have that in your home.

Diamond

• Aztec
    Aztec

Hi nomad soul, Godsmack is one of my favorite bands! I left at 19 too. That was 10 years ago and I am very happy and confident in my decision. Diamond, I looooove the Ohio Players! Sugarfoot is my hero!:) ~Aztec

• freedom96
    freedom96

Swan-

Funny you mention Paul Revere, as one of the guitarists was, and still is a witness. Know this for a fact!

Amusing, all these legends, and really, so many times the witnesses were so off base.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There was a group calling themselves "JEHOVA WAITRESSES" with an album titled "Perfect Impossible."

I don't know why they were never invited to perform at assemblies during half-time...

• manon
    manon

Marilyn Manson

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Oh man, hubby and I love Prince's old stuff. It makes me sick that he's a JW now.

I got told to get rid of everything that wasn't Kingdom melodies

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick
    Oh man, hubby and I love Prince's old stuff. It makes me sick that he's a JW now.

WHAT?? I heard he had studied at one point, I didn't know he'd gotten baptized???!!!???!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit