Burial or Cremation?

by Francois 30 Replies latest jw friends

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

Cremated. Burn baby burn.

• Gollum
    Gollum

I can only go along with John Prine on this subject, especially the part about my stomach.

Lyrics
     Please Don't Bury Me Down in the Cold Cold Ground by John Prine Woke up this morning, Put on my slippers, Walked in the kitchen and died. And, oh, what a feeling! When my soul went through the ceiling And on up into heaven I did rise. When I got there they did say, "John, it happened this-a-way, You slipped upon the floor and hit your head, And all the angels say, just before you passed away, these were the very last words that you said:" Please don't bury me down in the cold cold ground, No, I don't wanna have them cut me up and pass me all around. Throw my brain in a hurricane, and the blind can have my eyes, And the deaf can take both o'my ears if they don't mind the size. Give my stomach to Milwaukee if they run out of beer, Put my socks in a cedar box, just get 'em outa here! Venus de Milo can have my arms, look out, I've got your nose, Sell my art to the junk man, and give my love to Rose. Please don't bury me down in the cold cold ground, No, I don't wanna have them cut me up and pass me all around. Throw my brain in a hurricane, and the blind can have my eyes, And the deaf can take both o'my ears if they don't mind the size. Give my feet to the footloose, careless, fancy-free, Give my knees to the needy, don't pull that stuff on me, Hand me down my walking cane, it's a sin to tell a lie, Send my mouth way down south, and kiss my ass goodbye. Please don't bury me down in the cold cold ground, No, I don't wanna have them cut me up and pass me all around. Throw my brain in a hurricane, and the blind can have my eyes, And the deaf can take both o'my ears if they don't mind the size. 
  • Jayson
    Jayson

Bury me with my feet sticking out of the ground put a keg on me and have a party.

• alfie
    alfie

I don't want to be buried that's for sure. I can think of a whole lot of ways to make use of a burial plot and wasting the space on some dead guy isn't one of them. Other than that, I really don't care what happens to my body. When I'm dead, I'm dead, kaput, finito, blooey, ah you get the picture. Just don't waste any good resources on my death and disposal of what's left. I even have an autodisposal plan in place should I become terminally ill.

CIAO4NIAO!!

alfie

• onacruse
    onacruse

Craig: "Beam me up, Scotty!"

Scotty: "Mr. Spock, the transporter buffers are overloaded, I don't think I can recover his signal."

Doc: "Damn way to travel, spreading a man's atoms all over the universe like that."

Picard: "Make it so."

Cremation.

Craig

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

Hey Cheeses! Two mountain lions, eating a freshly killed hunter:

1st mountain lion: Hey dude, this is great fun, huh!?

2nd mountain lion: Yeah, man, I'm havin' a ball!

1st mountain lion: Well slow down hoss, and save the other one for me! That's my favorite part!

But seriously though, I opt for cremation. My observation over the years is that people don't seem to wallow in the death of a loved one quite as much when they're cremated immediately instead of being put on display in a casket for two or three days. Besides, I think it would be kinda fun to have my cremains placed in an urn on the mantel above the fireplace, with a nice inscription saying, "I may be gone now, but you can all still kiss my ashes!"

• freedom96
    freedom96

The prospect of both don't really appeal to me.

I suppose I would choose to be buried, if only for the fact that loved ones could have a place to come to talk.

I think at that point it is really what will do best for those who have survived, and what will serve them best. I would be more concerned over their feelings, not neccessarily what I want.

• Soledad
    Soledad

buried, no wake and no open-casket funeral

I heard from a police detective I once dated that there are certain bones in your body, such as your skull and pelvis, that dont really burn very easily. He said that those bones were just thrown away in the trash at most cemetaries. Not sure if this is true, but I for one dont like cremation.

• Xena
    Xena

Cremation....use the money from my life insurance to go on a trip and scatter my ashes on the way...

My mom wanted to be cremated but my middle sister and niece had fits about it...they couldn't handle the thought so we buried her. They were worried Jehovah wouldn't be able to find her to resurect her *sigh*

I have to admit though it is nice to have a place to go and remember my parents....having a gravesite can be good for the living. So while I will tell my family I would prefer to be cremated to save money, I will stress that they should do whatever is comfortable for them. lol cause I will be dead anyways...

• Mystery
    Mystery

Cremation

Now if I can just convince my husband!

We have been talking about this for years!!! Guess if he decided to bury me it wont really matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit