R & B Soul on JW.org

by silentbuddha 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Is anybody else all hot and bothered after watching that?

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

This religion is truly lame. In recent years, they are trying too hard to remain or appear relevant.

They have rebranded themselves in ways none of us here could have anticipated or predicted.

JWs are obsessed at receiving validation in order to convert someone.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The more mainstream approach is not bad. They forget to change some fundamental issues.

G.

• oppostate
    oppostate

It's like the gin they served in Orwell's 1984, barely makes it definable as what it is, a "poor imitation" most definitely--Nothing but a lackluster, low quality version, for consumption by the outer party rank and file!

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

Don't forget that back in the 80s some "progressive" JWs distributed recordings of Kingdom Songs with modern beats and that was disapproved of by the Watchtower.

Hypocrites! Typical of the GB though: criticise what other religions do, then when they realise it's a good thing or money-spinner, they start doing it!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

AverageJoe1

ditto!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They squeak about this? I would suggest listening to Michael Jackson--and I mean Off The Wall, Bad, Dangerous, and Thriller. And Janet Jackson. If they still will not shut up about it, next time it is the likes of Three 6 Mafia, 50 Cent, and Eminem. The more they squeak, the filthier the rap and dirty R&B you listen to.

And those who prefer rock, they have been against that, too. I remember seeing washtowel rags proclaiming "evil disco leads to fornication" (I would like to see proof of that, since I have something like 600 disco records among my collection and have yet to have it lead to fornication). They have been against rock and roll ever since Elvis Presley came around. For those, I would tell them that, if they keep squeaking about listening to that, I will get every single Led Zeppelin album (and there are only nine) I can get my hands on and listen to that. And, while I am at it, I will get Billy Idol's Devil's Playground (that gem has the song Plastic Jesus, which I am sure they will be thrilled to bits hearing).

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

#BonerShrinker....

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I couldn’t watch... I have to ask, is this just about a couple of color?

It’s just odd, because we all know that R&B is a prelude for getting in dat ass, which would have definitely been banned back then..

DD

• steve2
    steve2

Keen viewers couldn't help but notice how adoringly the wife looks at her husband throughout the song. He is clearly the head of the household and she, oh so submissive. Dat man can do no bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit