R & B Soul on JW.org

by silentbuddha 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

^^^^^ Awwww, come on Steve, the man made a bad cake for her and pretended to know where the kitchen was, and she pretended to help under the hood of a car, so I'd have to applaud it for being so progressive. /sarcasm

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I don't recognise this religion anymore!

WTF!!??

• steve2
    steve2

dubstepped - LOL šŸ¤£

• Listener
    Listener

They are spending dedicated donations on, of all things, love songs. Crikey.

Here's the lyrics -

Truly in Love

There is a gift that comes from above,
    A lovely gift called being in love.
    When two hearts begin to beat as one,
    Then a wonderful time has begun.

Itā€™s simple, so easy.
    And itā€™s something we know.
    With a threefold cord,
    Love will grow.
    With Jehovah to guide us in all that we do,
    How I love to be truly in love
    With someone like you,
    Someone like you.

Trials will come our way,
    But our love will grow stronger each day.
    We will build a bond that no one can break.
    We will build a love that no one will take.
    No, no, no one, no.

Itā€™s simple, so easy.
    With a threefold cord,
    Love will grow.
    With someone like you,
    Someone like you.

Nothing can destroy our love.
    This precious gift is from our God up above.
    Exclusive devotion
    ā€”ā€˜loveā€™s as strong as death.ā€™
    You are ā€œbone of my bonesā€;
    you are ā€œflesh of my flesh,ā€
    Such an excellent woman in all that you do.
    I will spend all my life loving you.

I want you to know how I feel
    ā€™Cause my love for you is so very real.
    I bless the day you came into my life.
    I bless the day I made you my wife.
    Yes I do.

Itā€™s simple, so easy.
    With a threefold cord,
    Love will grow.
    With someone like you,
    Someone like you.

With someone like you.

• carla
    carla

"We will build a bond that no one can break."-blah, except the elders and the rest of the cong.

"How I love to be truly in love

With someone like you.- but only as long as you remain a jw then all bets are off.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

So many cliche's , subliminal messages and stereotypes :

The couple is Black so naturally the background music playing is what's stereotypically thought of as black music.

They go on an outing in the woods and naturally there is a crowd of other people along to make sure nothing unscriptural happens.

After the wedding the wife begins waiting on the husband by bringing him a drink as he carries things into their house.

He takes the lead by studying the daily text.

Wife is in the kitchen with an apron on baking cookies and the husband boyishly steals a cookie and of course she thinks it cute because he's her sole reason for living.

The Husband works on car in clean clothes and shows silly unmechanical wife how to use a socket wrench because there's no way she'd have any idea how a car works because only wonderful men like her husband, know about technical things like that.

The Husband bakes a cake and it looks like it was made by an 8 year old. He presents it to her like a little boy would and it's even more endearing and special because we all know, men are clods when it comes to doing anything domestic.

They study with a "worldly couple" and we can tell they aren't JW's because their house is dingy and and cluttered, the woman is wearing pants and the man has a moustache, long hair and even has a afro pick stuck in it (1:55).

The wife sits in the audience and looks admiringly at her husband as he gives a talk at the Kingdom Hall thus we know he has some kind of position is highly regarded and therefore is the ideal husband.

The Husband surprises the wife with a beautiful picnic complete with a matching flower arrangement and looks like it was laid out by Martha Stuart. He obviously picked up a few domestic skills over the years.

There were no children shown earlier in the video but a little girl shows up at the end of the video for some reason and because she is white, we know she's probably not their Grandaughter since they likely held off having children of their own. It shows us that the wife has her maternal instincts fulfilled by helping other peoples children and it also shows us that she is balanced and has dealings with people of other races.

The opening scene in the follow up video is at the husbands memorial service and the wife is wondering why the new system didn't arrive and how she's going to get by without his income since they didn't have any retirement savings and he was still working. She wishes she wouldn't have held off having a family until the "new system" so that she'd now have grown children and grandchildren to comfort her in her old age.

• Pete Zahut
  • Pete Zahut
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's interesting to observe what this religion is morphing into, to stay alive and relevant. I guess if the went the way of the Christadelphians who havnt changed in 100 years, they would be in an even worse situation now.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Pete Zahut, very insightful analysis.

------------------------

Just briefly scanned through video. Corny, goody-goody, undignified. If there is a Jehovah, he's embarrassed by this.

I don't get JWs. The end of the whole frickin world is coming any hour, and they focus on this kind of stuff??? They don't act like anything big is about to happen. Shouldn't they be out fearlessly and boldly and urgently informing and warning the billions who are about to perish?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit