R & B Soul on JW.org

by silentbuddha 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I remember getting my ass beat

in 1987 / 1988 for listening to Atlantic Star. They had a song called Always.

My mother sat me down anmd told me listening to music like that would just rile up my emotions and make me look for a girl to fornicate with.

Like at the age of 10 I was going to take it to that level.

My mother later banned R and B from our home...

I find it all hilarious now, but a friend of mine actually sent me a link to the jw broadcast and said I had to watch this.

I told him there was no way, but he said just start at the 50:40 mark.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THIS IS WHAT THE ORG IS DOING NOW???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Ou6MDoskI

• oppostate
    oppostate

Next they'll have a bro with a Barry White voice doing a broadcast song video. Lol

• Apostate Anonymous
    Apostate Anonymous
    This will probably be used by the rank and file to show how "progressive" of an organization they are.
  • EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

Ugh! I just threw up a little wash n my mouth.

That was weird.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

sounds like George Benson...and in 1987 they still bragged about the Creation book and its one generation teaching on page226, how things have changed or as they say gotten brighter...

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsgZ1jhlPps

He has a lot of talent, but not much sense, since he fell for this cult.

• steve2
    steve2

Looking back at those happy memories of marriage - using the old "Truth" book (the one that featured the 1975 teaching and urgency of the times back in the late 1960s). Trouble is, they are JWs and peaceful reflection is so not a part of the life of many JWs. In reality too much emphasis on preach, preach, preach and do little else.

• carla
    carla

totally ruins r & b for me

• steve2
    steve2

George Benson has always been a mere heart beat removed from total bland and with his songs being composed for and endorsed by JW organization, he has becomes Mr Totally Bland. At least Barry White breathed barely suppressed lust and fire into his music. JW organization's use of "R & B" is so not R & B.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

What the actual f#@!? They get more and more "worldly" yet somehow maybe even farther away every day. At least they used to just be separate, now they're a poor imitation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit