Do You Still study The Bible?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

No. I'm am burned out on religion. One day I might be able to study the Bible again, but not for awhile.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yes, I still read and study the Bible, minus Watchtower lens.

• sandy
    sandy

I have not read the bible in a very long time. I never did read the bible from beginnig to end either.

I always tell myself I am going to start reading it but I never do.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

yes

i find it quite refreshing now that i dont use it as a quote book.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Absolutely not.

One of the most violent books I've ever read with a not so great ending.

• manon
    manon

Yes, I only read the Psalms though. The book is so beautifully written and has lots of artistic merit.

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

After reading COC, it sparked a new interest in the bible for me. I am currently reading it without an organizations interpretation...For those bible readers out there, what bible do you read that's not New World Translation by the JW's?

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I still read my bible.. Its kinda hard for me not to. I still remember seeing the text at columbia heights in black letters saying read god's word the bible daily. Certain verses still give me encouragement. Although I look at them differently now.

• manon
    manon

Spunky,

I enjoy The New English Bible, Authorized King James Version, New International Version, La Biblia De Las Americas, Jerusalem Bible.

Manon

• nowisee
    nowisee

i have been reading NIV (new international version) but usually also with nwt, kjv, rsv all spread out on the table. it is very interesting to compare. the nwt is very definitely a biased translation ala ffranz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit