Do You Still study The Bible?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Or are you all Bibled out?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I know you ask a lot of questions, but is the season over? You are already running re-runs.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/47457/1.ashx

Are You Ashamed Of The Way That You Disciplined Your Child? 25-Feb-03 20:59

Post 3020 of 3689
    since 03-Jul-02

Most articles in the publications recommended physical punishment, (corporal) when disciplining children. The scripture says that "he will not die" if you BEAT him. So many parents literally beat their children. Were you such a parent? Would you spank your child? Would you leave marks on your kids???

• minimus
    minimus

Gita, the original question must be something I'm subconsciously guilty about.

• gumby
    gumby

My bibles gotten quite dusty min. It never used to......but when you learn about it's formation and backround ......well....................................................

Gumby

• Robdar
    Robdar

I still read the Bible. But I do not study it. Nor do I accept it all as accurate.

Robyn

• free will
    free will

no. one of these days(after i read more apostate literature) i'll get to it.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes and No

Next......

• Satanus
    Satanus

Barf, no

SS

• rocketman
    rocketman

A retread thread? No prob.

When I was an active jw, I hardly had time to read the bible anyway. All that other stuff we had to do pretty much precluded actually sitting and reading or studying the bible itself. Most of the reading I did id when we looked up scriptures during the meetings, and I could tell that the same thing was the case for many jws.

I still read it now, and actually can do some 'study' by what is sometimes posted here. We have many posters who make some excellent comments on the bible.

• blondie
    blondie

I can say that in the past I studied the WTS publications with a scripture or two on the side. It is amazing when you just read the Bible without the WTS to "guide" you. I have recently been studying the temple arrangement used by the WTS to make separate groups among Christians and if that concept was ever developed in the New Testament. My research so far is enlightening about how much the WTS lives by the Law code and not the law of love.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit