You contemptible worms aren't giving us enough! GIVE US MORE! Service meeting part December 21, 2015

by sir82 41 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And how much does this compare to Christmas? Most of my Christmas ornaments are reusable, and I simply add a few to freshen things up or to replace lost or damaged ones. The money you spend on gifts is spent on something worthwhile, and you get fun for the money (and, in most families, tends to circulate as gift-giving is often two-way). If you spend money on toys for the kids, there is a good chance you will be spending that much less on toys during the next few months. Plus they get the benefit of the items.

Compare: When you give to the washtowel, that money provides damnation for the whole human race, helping communism win the final war through psychic power. You get no fun from doing this, and the money never recirculates or reduces what you will need to spend next month. And none will be reusable--instead, you need to keep wasting the money anew week after week.

As the leaders are supposed to be the prime exemplars, let them trust in joke-hova. They ask the congregation and members therein to do that when times are tough and funds do not come, yet they themselves refuse to do the same. If joke-hova really cares about them, let that thing provide for them, not through stealing funds from members. And let the children go back to eating ice cream cones when they feel like it.

• fukitol
    fukitol
    Nothing really new here. The Societys had occasional articles and meeting parts for the last 50 years asking for money.
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    Any link to the actual BOE letter, for download? US version preferably.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

The poor rank & file sitting there must be numb by now. They seem to hardly feel or react to anything!

Normal people would be sickened by all this asking for money!

• done4good
    done4good

I will go out on a limb here and say this will be WTS undoing. I am not talking about a complete collapse, but the beginning of a tipping point for sure.

People respond when it hits their wallet. Money has a very sobering reality quality to it.

d4g

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I agree with d4g. They are going too far with money problems. It shows a lack of God's blessings and something is wrong.

.....or it is an example of Watchtower trying to be just like the God that George Carlin describes:

"He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    If Jehovah(tm) was that generous (and I'm not saying he even exists), the WBT$ would be giving the rank and file money. Their cup is not exactly runnething over. Perhaps Jehovah(tm) is backing another religion!
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Punk, that's awfully advanced thinking for the members to do- "Give just your time and effort and Jehovah will make sure that 'HIS' organization is blessed with money from 'this wicked system of things.'"
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    OTWO - I know. How many of the R&F will be shaken up by the begging bowl going around. I know that even when I was a JW they asked for money; heck, I even gave those items on the serve-us meeting. They do seem more desparate now. Their begging appears more vocal now than ever.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Question: How uncomfortable must it be for that Elder to get up there, month after month, and read these parts about giving more, More, MORE! They must draw straws to see who gets the "privilege" of getting up on stage and begging for even more money, after already fleecing the Congregation's bank accounts earlier in the year?

Wow, just wow!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit