You contemptible worms aren't giving us enough! GIVE US MORE! Service meeting part December 21, 2015

by sir82 41 Replies latest jw friends

• sir82
    sir82

From the October 19 Letter to the Body of Elders:

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS
    Re: Service Meeting Part for Week of December 21, 2015
    Dear Brothers:
    The Service Meeting for the week of December 21, 2015, includes a ten-minute part entitled
    “Show Appreciation for Jehovah’s Generosity.” This is to be a talk based on the November
    15, 2015, Watchtower, pages 14-15. Sometime during this part, the video ‘A Gift in Hand to Jehovah’
    should be played for the congregation. This video, which lasts 4 minutes and 46 seconds,
    describes some of the ways that donated funds are used by the organization. The video can be
    downloaded in many languages from JW Broadcasting. Go to VIDEO ON DEMAND > OUR
    ORGANIZATION > ORGANIZED TO ACCOMPLISH OUR MINISTRY. It will be made
    available in additional languages in the “Event Media” section of the “Congregation” tab on
    jw. org. If the video is not available in a language that many in the congregation understand, the
    part should be handled as outlined in Our Kingdom Ministry. The total time for the part should
    not exceed ten minutes.

Why does this scripture come to mind:

Proverbs 30:15:

The leeches have two daughters that cry, “Give! Give!”

There are three things that do not get satisfied,

Four that never say, “Enough!”

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    How is Jehovah's generosity manifested? By asking for money all the time? Doesn't add up...
  • Ding
    Ding

According to the GB, JWs are never doing enough and never grateful enough... even with Armageddon just around the corner!

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    But I thought the layoffs were not due to a lack of donations from the J-Dubs???
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ok, I gotta "adjust my thinking" about my whole JW motto thing.

It goes something like this now:

"The beatings will continue until morale improves. Also, give us your money! All of it! We are God's Mouthpiece, do you hear us? We need money, ALL of it! Take Sophie's ice cream money, take Caleb's toy money, and shove it into the contribution box, NOW! All of it! Obey us, or DIE!

And as always, Agape from your loving Shepherds, The Governing Body."

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I appreciate Jehovah's generosity. Where is HIS donation box again? I'd like to send the money directly to HIM...
  • Warwickslave
    Warwickslave
    Sam Heard said they don't have a shortfall of funds. Right!!
  • Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Reminds me of this song by Hank Williams Jr.

Now there are some preachers on T.V. with a suit and a tie and a vest
    They want you to send your money to the Lord but they give you
    Their address 'cause all of your donations are completely tax free
    God bless you all but most of all send your money

Read more: Hank Williams Jr. - American Dream Lyrics | MetroLyrics

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Rivers are drying up for Babylon, she is exposed in the public arena of history as a big fraud and being exposed as a fraud in the financial world with gigantic lawsuits as a result.
  • cofty
    cofty

Every time they beg for money thousands of JWs cringe. They remember the days when we prided ourselves on never soliciting funds.

Keep begging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit