Where has all the money gone?

by gingerbread 48 Replies latest jw friends

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

just out of interest---

how do you Yanks pronounce warwick ?

do you say--WAR WICK ?

FYI the original warwick is in warwickshire--UK.......

and is pronounced WORRICK

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    gingerbread
    ... and I begin to think of Jesus' words to sell excess belongings and give to the POOR. He never said give to my apostles (in order to spread the good new or advance kingdom interests)..

Good point, I never thought in this direction

• TheFadingAlbatros
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS is a publishing house that created a religion around it to support itself and the continuing proliferation of its own published goods, complete with many false misleading doctrines. Oh yes and the leaders of this organization proclaimed that god had exclusively chosen their organization as well, just add support from the public.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quite frankly the WTS is bullshitting about not having enough money, the Cando and UK branches recently posted on hand cash in the millions by government regulators who investigate registered tax free non-profit charitable organizations.

In other words the WTS is rich but concealing that wealth to make it look they're poor stimulating more money toward the WTS. What ? lies, corruption and deceit with the WTS. never in its history has the WTS been dishonest.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Don't ask--don't tell!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• cognac
    cognac

It went to:

Construction

Investments

Paying the SP's, Missionaries, CO's, Bethelites, etc. (Just with this alone they are spending over 224,000,000 per year)

• Simon
    Simon
    Paying the SP's, Missionaries, CO's, Bethelites, etc. (Just with this alone they are spending over 224,000,000 per year)

So people literally have a "career" in the WTS.

Anytime money is fed into any system it will alter behavior, not always for the best. People have a tendency to want to increase budgets for themselves and take more of the pie.

• cognac
    cognac
    Simon - A crappy career, but yes...
  • millie210
    millie210

I think there is a possibility it could be something more sinister.

While the Governing Body were tripping the light fantastic in their top floor office, there is NO way the accountants up at Bethel were not watching the money.

Things appeared to be in order until very recently. As a result, everyone signed off on that letter coming out and a special meeting being called at all the Kingdom Halls to tell them JWs were about to embark on a building work like the world had never seen, The letter said they werent even going to wait for some properties to be for sale, if they saw a strategic property they were just going to make an offer.

Do you all remember that?

That was TEN months ago.

And I think they would have rather eaten ground glass than have to announce a halt.

So something happened quickly. What could that be? An embblzement that has only recently been uncovered? Bad investments of VERY recent origin? A big lawsuit or series of them looming?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit