Where has all the money gone?

by gingerbread 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Its almost as if there are two groups in charge. One does the spiritual stuff and the other does the investments and the money side. The spiritual side was saying and doing things with out consulting with the other side. Also they may have money but their obviously not bringing in as much as they hoped or before the crash of 2008. People don't have it too give. I also believe that they know the writing is on the wall, people are leaving no ones joining. This is why there's all these changes to trynto keep those in and their children to stay in. Their planning for a future where they make less and less off the rank and file.
  • cognac
    cognac
    Millie - combination of this over the years that have them bad credit. They were counting on certain monies to come in and it didn't. Obviously, they weren't counting on liquid assets and unless there was a sudden huge loss in investments, it wouldn't be that either. Although I do believe there has been loss in investments in the past. That leaves either fraud or loan(s) got denied. I think we'd hear something about it if someone or multiple people got caught for fraud.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    They don't even allow child abusers to be reported as it would make them look bad. They are never going to expose fraudsters or embeqzzled publicly if it exposes their poor management or gullibility.
  • cognac
    cognac
    JWDaughter - You make a good argument. I'd just think that there would at least be rumors. You know how rumors fly around in JW Land...
  • kairos
    kairos
    I think we'll find out more to this story sooner than later.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    i think they are rich in property but not much else with them stopping 12 issues of the magazines next year and it does cost lots of money to feed 1000s of people around the world so they have trimmed back in both directions and also with the watchtower and awake being undated it means they can still be giving them out in nine years time like loads of teaching books that i have disposed off these past weeks
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

stan livedeath - "...how do you Yanks pronounce warwick?..."

Ask this guy...

• steve2
    steve2

Sure, the organization might have untold sums of money invested and on the share market and assets worth tens upon tems of millions - if not more.

However, the succession of Bethel closures around the world remains the starkest evidence that the organization was living well beyond its income. And plans of expansion into Warwick (pronounced the same way as "worry" as in "Worrick")

Every bit of bricks-and-mortar costs the organization dearly in terms of running and maintaining - even allowing for its hordes of volunteer workers.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

It's evidence of the reduction of donations (income) from the JW membership. The organization is now feeling the pain after years of discouraging people to take promotions at work or get an education past high school. Minimum wage work and labor jobs makes for low or average incomes - with limited disposable income for donations. And the congregation 'work force' has become tired.

The big-wig Governing Body members strut their stuff during JW Broadcasting programs while the money folks are sweating bullets.

And it doesn't mean jack if the WT is building new halls or branches in some parts of the world. Many people who are in debt up to their eyeballs have new homes, new clothes and new cars - all on borrowed money/credit.

The Watchtower leaders just want to appear powerful (proof that God is supporting them) and successful (competing with other mainstream religions).

ginger

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Something is definetely up though with the money because there has been several threads on this and NO ONE has been really able to figure it out and there is a number of bright people on this board. WT is into something, just what that is at this point has us all for now, but sooner or later we will know, sooner or later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit