Where has all the money gone?

by gingerbread 48 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

A number of years ago when I was still active, our service group was having a coffee break with the visiting Circuit Overseer. During the conversation he mentioned that the "Society" was now being run like a business. Being raised in the "truth" I thought that rather odd (and my eyes began to be opened!) because of the belief that the business men would lament the demise of Babylon the Great.

Fast forward to now and I begin to think of Jesus' words to sell excess belongings and give to the POOR. He never said give to my apostles (in order to spread the good new or advance kingdom interests).. Rather odd that the governing body wants all (those of you who are still active) your money. They've already taken ownership of all kingdom and assembly halls and have emptied all congregation bank accounts to the bare minimum. As we all know,, they now require a monthly money transfer from each congregation to the main office.

A few weeks ago, a family member told me that the congregation coordinator said to him that elders have been informed of a stop of new builds and remodels and that parts of the Warwick (new world headquarters) construction project are paused as well.

ginger

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

He never said give to my apostles (in order to spread the good new or advance kingdom interests).

• Magnum
    Magnum

I'd love to know. You'll never find out from the org. Individual congregations have to be 100% transparent to them, but they have zero transparency. All you will ever get from them is spin, propaganda, and maybe even outright lies.

Where has the money gone??? Has it been spent? Is it being hidden somehow/somewhere?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wasted in Warwick... over, and over, and over.

x

Ironic that the Org's intended "last bastion" would end up being its "Bermuda Triangle"... :smirk:

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the hedge funders have very expensive lifestyles to service. Just of of interest wonder what the ball park figure of the expense of Warwick really is?
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp
    I don't care where all the money has gone, at long as it is NOT coming out of our pockets anymore. lol We are using our money to enjoy life and save to send a sweet child to college. We need someone to take care of us in our old age. ha ha
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander
    Don't you know, "Jehovah provides." The GB says so. They also strut around in fancy gold Apple & Rolex watches going, "I'm rich, Bitch!!!!"
  • kaik
    kaik
    The money went nowhere, only someone else has the possession of it.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Magnum

I'd love to know. You'll never find out from the org. Individual congregations have to be 100% transparent to them, but they have zero transparency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Vidiot

Wasted in Warwick... over, and over, and over.

Wasted away again in Warwickville,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cbX4DUACYU

Wasted away again in Warwickville
    Searchin' for my lost shaker of salt.
    Some people claim that there's a woman to blame,
    But I know, it's my own damn fault

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit