What Were You Told That You Had To Work on By The Elders?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The elders feel obliged to have you work on at least, something. What did they tell you?

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

"We think you're doing a really good job, but we think you can do more."

What area can I improve on?

"Oh no specific area. You're doing good, just not good enough."

What does that mean?

"Now don't get defensive. We think you're doing very good. Just not good enough."

Ummmmm, yeah.

• free will
    free will

meeting attendance and service...i guess i wasn't agood dubbie!

• freedom96
    freedom96

Going out in service more and more personal study, and making every meeting, getting there early and leaving late will solve all problems.

Actually, any problems I had ended when I stopped doing all those things all together.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: The elders feel obliged to have you work on at least, something. What did they tell you? I was told that I should not question Watchtower Lies(tm). God would sort it out. Hey! I thought God had his hand in that religion! Guess not. God only gets his hands in it when the lies get out of control. Then God tells the liars to quit lying with those old lies and come up with some new lies to replace those old lies. Yep. That's how it works. I got spanked for pointing that out. That is probably why I'm so damn demonized. Farkel

• rocketman
    rocketman

When I was "reaching out" for Ministerial Servant it was my shoes (too casual) and then the jacket I wore in service (too casual), and of course service time.

• minimus
    minimus

Over the years, I've heard elders give counsel to wear less colorful ties, to not be so humored, to not sit always in the same area, to not be associating with certain congregation members.......and there's so much more!

• qadreena
    qadreena

'I think you should work toward getting baptised now, here, study with this sister'

I had never spoken to this sister before and she always looked down at me, oh yeah, did I mention she slapped me across the face for leaving a dirty plate on her table instead of taking it to the sink thats why I stopped stusying with her and ultimatley never got baptised LOL

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

'That was nice, but you can do MORE'

• rocketman
    rocketman

wow, she slapped you in the face for leaving a dirty dish.....sorry to hear that quadreena.

Once when we were invited to hospitality a sister had my daughter crying because she demanded she eat the string beans served.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit