UK JWs Commit Suicide

by blondie 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

There is just no way to know what is going on in the mind of some who commit suicide. Some leave notes and seem to have it all figured out ,,,,,, at least to them it seems logical.

My mother didnt let on, leave a note, nothing the night she took her life. But her life was nothing but a bitter memory , even from all that I know of ... pain, she had severe migraines, which lead to taking pain pills and becoming addicted, muscle pains ,lots of pain that I think came from a guilty conscience, low self esteem and being abused in her marriage , verbally. I think she was so tired of living , literally physically and mentally exhausted and she just ended it all one night , she probably got sick of hearing herself say she was going to. I will never know why she did it, if something lead up to it that night that I didnt know about, or if she really lost her mind that night and really wasnt responsible , in her right mind that night.

I have tried and tried to figure it out and there is still questions that will not be answered in this lifetime for me.

You know something that came to my mind when I read that the JW's in this article decided to end their lives....... It just makes me think how many witnesses say,,,,,,, well at least they will be in the New World for sure,,,,, now it is up to us to make sure we are there to greet them.

That was said so many times when some dies. I wonder if they thought that too, if there pain was so bad and they knew it was only going to get worse and leave them in a much worse state than they were in........ If they choose to end it , and go to sleep and then wake up to the New World? I think even in their mind they could think that Jehovah would forgive them and would read their heart.

I know I believe that those who end their own lives have a special place in the heart of God, because he knows the pain they are going thru,,,,,,,physically or mentally, or both.

Most of us will fight to the end to live , but I can say , if I were in great pain, no chance of getting better or becoming a vegatable in body and my mind still active, or if I lost my mind and had to be locked up in a mental ward,,,,,,,,, I would rather be asleep in death myself, waiting to be in a wonderful paradise somewhere,,,,,,,, or at least not hurting anymore. I sure can understand that.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I agree absolutely with Hillary Step. I have lupus and have had it since I was a child. I never thought I would make it to 40. If it got to be to the point where my quality of life was not worth living--a decision only I can make--I most certainly would die with what little dignity and free will I had left to me. But I would only do it if I could make sure I was not leaving anyone behind. That would not be hard for me, I have no children and no family or friends who would not understand and agree. I don't think death is the end of life and I do not fear it. Nor do I think I will never see or be with my loved ones again, in whatever realm is next for me. So it is not a matter of depression for me at all. It is a matter of controlling my own life and making my own decisions. I don't want to end up hating life, I would rather quit while I was ahead.

Ravyn

PS I also have had other freinds--JWs-who committed suicide. None of their funerals were held in KHs...not even the last one, Gary Kreider who borrowed the money for the rope from an elder who in exasperation at Gary's depression told him to 'just do it and get it over with'. (The man did not know what Gary intended to do with the money he borrowed, but he did not recommend Gary see a doctor or offer to help him in any other way either.) To their credit they did have a service held in a private home and it was well attended and the elder who was the speaker talked about depression but I was the only one who cried. And I did it without shame. Not even his wife cried. But she was a b!tch anyway.

• larc
    larc

Hillary, I read with interest, your view on this subject and they are the same as mine. My wife and I have discussed the subject and how we would end it, if it came to that. We woud drive our car into the garage, close the garage door, bring with us a bottle of bourdon, turn on classical music on the radio, start the engine, and let the carbon monoxide build up and just kill us.

• LDH
    LDH

Hillary says he would 'like to go while'

stroking a very plump cat

Does the cat know this?

I believe death to be a part of the natural cycle. Ballistic, I hope you encourage her to find peace, wherever that is for her. I hope it's not the KH.

Lisa

• bebu
    bebu

From the point of view of the person committing self-euthanasia, it seems like a simple and painless way to go. From the point of view of the person/people who discover a pair of bodies in a garage, it can be traumatic. I don't think it would be easy to get over at all. It isn't what I could do to the ones I love.

My JW neighbor was suicidal a few months back. She was under very great stress from every direction, and she looked like she was already dying. When she confessed to me that she was extremely close to suicide, I hugged her hard and told her, "I know that it seems so easy, but think of me--what if I were the one to find you? Do you realize how much suffering you will bring to me and my family (we're the only ones who love her dearly--her congregation doesn't)? Please come and talk to me; sometimes there are answers that you didn't know were there. Sometimes it just helps to have someone share your burden. We'll always be here for you--ALWAYS."

Perhaps that's all she needed to hear, that she was loved, and wasn't as alone as she thought. Perhaps just for her love for me, she didn't go through. (What a blessing to me!) Love can work both ways.

bebu

• avengers
    avengers

When I was in the "club" I used to have depressive moods in which I used to contemplate suicide. Sad but very true.

Plus I have known several others with the same problems who didn't do it, but a few who did, which is just plain horrific.

Add another death to the list of the GB. I wonder how long the list has to get before governments realize that organizations like this hurt people and decide to investigate.

Andy of the super disappointed in the slave class.

• archangel01
    archangel01

So sad, very sad, so much for the JW love.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Ballistic, please pass on my condolences. I am truely sad for the family.

{{{{BluesBrother}}}} Thank you so much!

• mouthy
    mouthy

I too am so sorry to read about this.... But I have to express my opinion( you might have known Mouthy does) I have excruciating pain with my RA.Thought of ending it many times. But ! I think of those who would be left. MY JW daughter would feel guilt ( I would think) My Christian daughter sees the pain I am in ...But continues to tell me she would hate to lose me!!!Then it would point to the fact I am a hypocrite..... I tell all I have a love for the LORD & He is my friend ( Which I believe) But when the pain gets too bad- I guess I become like Peter -When he stepped out of the boat- he could walk on the water as long as he kept his eyes on Christ -But when he took them off Christ he started to sink!!!!I guess I sometimes lose focus...... So to those who have lost loved ones to suicide - leave them to God. Only THEY!!!! knew what they were suffering. (2 cent again)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Some interesting comments were made as well as condolences. To be honest I haven't contacted the relations as yet, I'm not sure what to say as I'm not sure I wish to mention this community. I don't know. The parents I knew really well about 15 years ago, but had completely lost contact as well as now being disfellowshipped. Don't worry - I will be sending a mail.

Interesting there was a post about "who do you know-who committed suicide" a while back, and my best mate in the witnesses died in a head on collision suspected to be suicide. Now this. What mainly came as a shock, was that the Stokes' were not my best friends (whereas my other friend was), but the amazing chances of hearing it here first. It's like someone naming my congregation - when no-one could possibly do that - not even my fellow apostfesters.

That was the main shock. The event actually occurred on April 1st and had BBC news coverage unknown to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit