Am I Overreacting Here?

by pale.emperor 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Yep, that's exactly it. She has a non-JW boyfriend now and they sleep over at each others houses. Nobody knows because she hasn't told them. They just assume she's not going to meetings for a bit but will "come to her senses".

well lets hope she doesnt end up --up the duff. that will give "they" something to talk about.

• flipper
    flipper

PALE- Your statement - " They ( your mom & other JWS ) just assume she's not going to meetings for a bit but will " come to their senses " . And that is what's part of the problem here. Your mom and her sissy husband with no backbone are being intrusive into your ex-wife's boundaries and your children, and by extension your boundaries - by trying to " save " your wife by being " supportive " to her and I'm sure part of the motive is to keep JW control over your wife and children.

The other posters here are correct. This is between you and your ex-wife. I would stop getting into it with your JW mom as your mom will manipulate the situation to align herself in a more deeply entrenched way with your ex-wife and child. You need to have a one on one talk personally face to face with your ex-wife to sort this out and attempt to get her on the same page with you- avoiding your mom's interference. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you my friend. Been there, experienced this with my JW ex-wife years ago. It sucks man

• Whynot
    Whynot

I don't know if this helps but I had my Custodial and Visitation agreement modified to not allow unsupervised visits with certain family members. I asked my lawyer and he said I was allowed in my state in the USA

• Onager
    Onager

P.E. I know you want your daughter to keep on seeing her cousins, but isn't the price to be paid for that to happen way too high? Couldn't she make close friends with other kids at playgroups, after school clubs or whatever, you know, like normal kids do?

I have a pretty good relationship with my JW family, but I wouldn't allow any of them to look after my boy unsupervised. They have a poison inside, but they think it's medicine. I could never trust them not to poison my son, because they'd think they were doing the best for him.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pale.emperor...

Don't feel bad if you overreact.

I try to overreact at least once a day.

It's surprisingly easy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit