how i got here

by danb71 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, dan. Thanks for sharing your story.

• Mystery
    Mystery

---- Our entire family shuns us, that's one thing that never gets easier. ----

This was the problem I had with the entire religion. Even as 12 - 13 yrs. old, I felt it wasn't right. Everything else was a fairy tale. Paradise with all the animals and all of my family. (Maybe even a unicorn would be there!)

Welcome d -
    this site has already helped me greatly and I have been here less than a month.

People here make you feel like your are not alone. There are a few that I already will jump ahead to if they start a thread or if I think they are going to comment on it.

• nowisee
    nowisee

im glad you're here, dan. nothing is any good if it doesn't originate with your authentic self. glad you have found the courage to be you!

best wishes, nowisee

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board, Dan, hope your healing/recovery goes along smoothly.

j2bf

• DJ
    DJ
    After all this time, I understand that it wasn't so unusual for me to not "get it" as a witness, it's because the simpleness of Christianity has been made positively Mosaic by the unending rules and changes in doctrine.

Welcome to you, Dan. I quoted you because I related to the simplicity of Christ and Christianity. I think that actually, when I first left the jw's the simplicity of the TRUE gospel was just like.......oh come on.........that's waaaaay to simple...... In time, after much studying ALONE, I found that the simplicity was the beauty of the gospel. I wish you a life full of love and happiness with your fiance. She found you a great site with Randy. We were taught heresy first but your heart somehow knew it and rebelled. I wish you every happiness and I'm so glad for your little boy. Love, dj

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy and welcome!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

DANB71: a big huge welcome to you.

NO...let's try that again:

DANB71: a BIG HUGE Welcome to you!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. It was so nice. Thank you.

I certainly hope that this will not be your last post. I've got a huge smile across my face after your reading your post.

Thanks, and please....stick around.

• avengers
    avengers

Have a seat and enjoy.......

Andy

• bebu
    bebu
    It's always an enjoyment when somebody who thinks he's living on death row realises he isn't. Welcome to the free world, danb71

My sentiments exactly, SS!

Welcome to the board, dan!! Also, welcome redneckgurl. It takes a bit of combing to work out all the tangles, but it is so worth it.

bebu

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Hey Dan...welcome from my wife and I

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit