Post your favorite JW "DEMON" story

by MoeJoJoJo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita
    Two brothers go to a door out in service. They knock on the door. A cat comes to the door and says we are not interested. The brothers knock again this time a dog comes to the door and says didn't you hear what the cat said. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED. Then the dog chased the brothers down the street.

Hey, Diamond, I heard this one too! Except...the cat at the door was a demon saying "They told you not to come to our street, didn't they!" Meaning that the brothers were warned not to work on this street because it was known to be inhabited by the demons! Ewwwww ... And, that the story took place in New York City at the old brownstone homes. Didn't believe it when I heard it then, and it still sounds like something my 10 year old would make up.

My 2 cents....demons are things of movies and campfire stories for enjoyment and entertainment. Demons and devils are born from the ignorance to explain something that we just don't understand at this time of our existence. I believe one day people will look back at the obsession of demons and devils with great humor wondering how in the world people could actually believe it all. I don't discount that there are things we might see or hear that we don't understand with the limited knowledge that we have now, but that doesn't mean that the unexplainable must be something sinister.

Mrs. Shakita

• caligirl
    caligirl

An older sister in our hall was at a door, and the householder was being very difficult, and in the midst of her attempting to speak to this woman, her skirt fell down around her ankles. It was one of those wrap around ones that tied on the side, but rather than it be blamed on her ability to tie the skirt, it was of course blamed on demons, because that is the only reason that her skirt could POSSIBLY fall down around her ankles in front of such an adversarial person. Yup, the demons like to strip old ladies in the street!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

SpunkyChick, that happened to me too. I had to get rid of my Nirvana stuff because some "goody-goody" told my mother that they were a "Bad band". I also had to throw out my Sick Sense tape because they had a picture of monks on the cover. As for demon stories here we go. The first is the time I woke up (or should say woken up) promptly at 5 in the morning with a book that I got out of the Library in a shopping bag outside the door. I asked why this was and it was because apparently my mother had a nightmare that was demonistic, now as reason would state it couldn't have been anything she ate, or just a creepy nightmare that we have from time to time, it had to be my book. So hence I had to return the JRR Tolkien book.

The other I heard was much creepier and apparently I was there but I don't remember it happening. My mother and a friend were at a study and this bible study offered them us all orange juice. And sure enough there was three of us and three glasses of orange juice. There was no way she could've known that I was going to be there because my mother had never been on the study before. Now the study continued and lucky me I got to go off and play in the other rooms (just curious what kind of parent lets their kid play in a stranger's house especially when they get the feeling this house is demonized). So the story continues that whenever they would reach for something in their bags the bag wouldn't be where they put it originally, it would either be across the room or in another room all together. Finally after an hour and a half speaking with this woman they decided that it would be better to just leave, well of course the demon followed them home and my mother was attacked in her bed. But tride and truthfully she cried out the name "Jehovah" and the demon let her go.

Personally I think that Demons are a figment of most people's imagination, and the fact my mother had demonistic dreams is a point that reading watchtower material can put some messed up stuff in your head. There's no way that at age 8 I would be having recurring nightmares about Hitler taking over the country and me being put in a concentration camp if it weren't for the various WWII articles my mother read me or that stupid "Purple Triangles" video. Anyone can be simply influenced and I seriously believe that the demon thing is someone's prodding. Feel free to disagree with me. It's just my opinion

• MoeJoJoJo
    MoeJoJoJo

I also remember hearing the cat-dog story.

As JW kids growing up my siblings & I were not allowed to watch Scooby Doo,,,,, but it was the highlight of many get-to-gethers to tell & listen to demon stories and experiences?!?

ozzie, I never thought about this, thanks for pointing it out:

I find it interesting that the Dubs teach that the woman and child portrayed in the Revelation is the birth of the kingdom which had to be snatched away into heaven away from the clutches of the fiery dragon i.e. Satan. Clearly from this teaching the WTS believes that Satan has MORE power than Christ. If they don't, then why did Jehovah have to snatch away into heaven this new-born kingdom?
    hey, one of my few flameworthy threads!!!! Keep em coming, Its fun reading these.
  • bittersweet
    bittersweet

danb, I'm so glad that they didn't realise in our congregation that Def Leppard was demonised. I would have died! It was bad enough that we couldn't listen to certain songs by the Police and Queen ( apparantly their songs said things when you played them backwards ). It was obvious that we couldn't listen to Ozzy and others, but if I had Def Leppard taken from me, I would have died! LOL

I don't really have any good demon stories, but I sure was petrified of them growing up! I made sure I never watched scary movies or read scary books. Although I did read Pet Semetary when I was 17, and I was a bit worried the demons might bother me for that. Thank god they didn't,lol.

• DJ
    DJ

Personally, I believe that demons exist just as I believe all that Christ taught. I think that the wt is obsessed with them. I do not discredit ALL of their stories but I does concern me that those who claim to have such a high standing w/ God have so much trouble with this. IMO, it is because of their past occult dabblings which have given them their teachings. The more they are bothered by demons the more they are convinced that they are in the truth. Is that what Christ said would be the inheritence of believers? They are in bondage and are blind still.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

lol...great thread....

my mother used to study with this possessed lady. Through hard study and prayer they apparently got rid of it.

makes me wonder though that with all the tarot...spiritualistic...yoga....medicine wheel etc books & more that I keep in my room...surely our house should be demon filled and not once has my mother ever once suggested it.....gee maybe those things don't really cause demons

I could see it though....if my mom ever found out that would be the end of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit