Post your favorite JW "DEMON" story

by MoeJoJoJo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jwbot
    jwbot

Just the usual "lady X heard dishes crashing every night and when she burned her eeevil crosses and other religious stuff, the demons left" It still scared me.

Also I was told when I was little what if a demon was raping me, just to yell out gods name and he will stop....why wouldn't god even let him START?

• SpunkyChick
    SpunkyChick

My friend at the time had her cousin living with her, who was not a JW. She brought home a Halloween party invitation from school and the entire household started having sick nightmares. They discovered the invitation and threw it out, and everything returned to normal.

I also knew this sister who had to stop shopping at garage sales because anything she would buy, would invite demons....Also this goody-goody girl at our hall told me to throw out my Nirvana tape, because of the name of the band was "too spiritistic".

The one I'd heard at the meetings: This witness boy went into a cemetery with two other worldly boys and they saw an apparition. The witness boy taunted it and said, "I'm not scared of you, you can't do anything to me, I've got Jehovah on my side." The next day the boy was supposedly dead in his bed.

• Been there
    Been there

Back in the mid 70's my cousin was married to a man (both raised JW) who got some sort of progressive nerve disease. A few months after the diagnosis my cousin went to the store, when she got home her husband had apparently committed suicide with a large sword he had. The story was he faught with demons because he was stabbed 3 times. He did'nt have the strength to do it himself and he would not have been able to stab himself 3 times. The sword was demonized. They didn't have a funeral for him but we all went to a family members house a few weeks later for a memorial. Could it be he was NOT deserving of a JW funeral because he was attacked by "DEMONS"?

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

1. A sister was having terrible trouble with one leg - the pain was so intense she could no longer walk on it. Because she couldn't get to meetings or out in service an elder visited her. On her desk, he happened to notice a music-box with a dancing ballerina holding one leg in the air . On a hunch he asked where she had got it. She had received it from a relative and it turned out that discussing this with the elder jogged her memory. Apparently the generous relative practiced demonic rites. The music box was promptly destroyed, the pain disappeared, and the sister resumed her spiritual activities.

2. A pion. sister suffering from depression and insomnia remembered she had bought her bed second-hand from a strange looking individual. After speaking with the elders, it was decided that it would be prudent to destroy the bed. ¾’ s of the cong. went to the dump for the bed burning ... no kidding. The pion. couple slept on the floor and the sister’s health improved ... for a while.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    One sister told a group of us that jws called at the home of some guy who was a warlock, and this guy supposedly said that Satan has all the teenagers in the world except the jw kids, and he was trying very hard to mislead them too.

LOLOL-classic paranoia.

One story is from my nutso Mother-in-law. She said that a woman was quoting Gollum from Lord of the Rings (pre-movie), saying, "My prescioussssssss". Of course, she was demonized!

What's more likely is that the woman was yanking a gullible JW woman's chains ROYALLY!!!!

HA!

ash

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I've also heard the demon rape stories....although, you know, the people telling these stories were lonely and craving attention. Of course, that had nothing to do with it, right?

Besides this, the woman in question liked to watch scary movies, but freaking herself out with movies had nothing to do with it, right?

Oh, she was also on major psyche medicine (not anti-depressants). But, of course, it was demons, nothing explainable with the normal laws of science.

• danb71
    danb71

the one that floated around, so to speak, my family was a story about my great-grandmother. she was contacted door-to-door in the late 30's and supposedly when she was about to get baptized she was driving on a windy road by a cliff in eastern ohio. "the demons" were trying to get her car to go off the cliff and she had to struggle to keep the car on the road. folks, anyone who's been to eastern ohio knows that it gets really friggin windy up there on those hills. this was before power steering mind you.

most of the demon stories i heard were music-related, the great backward-masking invasion of 1983 etc. there was the one about the sister who threw her "hotel california" album in the fire and it wouldn't burn, just glowed. def leppard was demonized too, remember, all those pyramids they had on their albums were obviously from satan.

wonder if c.t. russel would've liked "pyromania"?

d

• Prisca
    Prisca
    The one I'd heard at the meetings: This witness boy went into a cemetery with two other worldly boys and they saw an apparition. The witness boy taunted it and said, "I'm not scared of you, you can't do anything to me, I've got Jehovah on my side." The next day the boy was supposedly dead in his bed.

So this means that the demons are more powerful than Jehovah???

Just goes to show the lack of logic in some of the JW's urban legends.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the demons are more powerful than Jehovah

This illustrates that the Dubs are actually afraid of the demons, believing that they (the demons) have more power than the Christ that they claim to be followers of.

I find it interesting that the Dubs teach that the woman and child portrayed in the Revelation is the birth of the kingdom which had to be snatched away into heaven away from the clutches of the fiery dragon i.e. Satan. Clearly from this teaching the WTS believes that Satan has MORE power than Christ. If they don't, then why did Jehovah have to snatch away into heaven this new-born kingdom?

I hasten to add that this is Dub interpretation and is not Christian understanding of this passage.

Cheers, Ozzie

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Two brothers go to a door out in service. They knock on the door. A cat comes to the door and says we are not interested. The brothers knock again this time a dog comes to the door and says didn't you hear what the cat said. WE ARE NOT INTERESTED. Then the dog chased the brothers down the street. Now you know I couldn't make that up. It must be true.

Change comes with knowledge.

Diamond

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit