tKingdom Melodies I remember/liked.

by ScoobySnax 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Gopher
    Gopher

Pope -- that song about the Bible was something like "The Bible -- A Book for all Mankind". There were 2 songs about Jesus Christ that I remember. One was always played at the end of the annual Memorial called "Hail Jehovah's Firstborn". The other was towards the end of the song book, called "Christ our Exemplar".

It's sick that I can remember about all those songs -- but I played the piano at the hall and so had all those titles and lyrics drilled into my head.

Why some songs are picked more often than others ?? -- Out of the 6 songs sung weekly by the congregation, 5 are scheduled in the Watchtower magazine or in "Our Kingdom Ministry". The only one that is variable is the one that the visiting speaker picks prior to the Public Talk. So again the WT Society picks the favorite songs.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I had forgotten so many of those. Funny, as soon as I read the words, the damn melody popped into my head!! Aaaaggghhhh!

• Matty
    Matty

The song that goes "There is a book that by its many pages, brings peace and joy and hope to humankind...." is "God's Own Book, A Treasure".

You may have noticed that the song was quite different when we changed from the pink to the beige songbook. This may not be correct as it is second or third hand information but I understand that the society had to change the music to that particular song for the 1984 songbook because the brother who wrote the music did not bequeath the publishing rights of the song to the Watchtower Society as is normal practice. Between the publishing of the two songbooks the brother died and when his estate was being organised his "worldly" relatives refused to grant The Watchtower Society the rights to publish the tune. The WTS then had to come up with a new musical arrangement to go with the old words.

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I used to love Life without end at last, and To god we are dedicated. I remember having tears in my eyes the day I sang that song with the others on the day of my baptism. I was so happy I had taken a stamd to serve jehovah for the rest of my life. I never thought I would say this but I regret I ever made that decision.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit