Princess Diana.....remember??!!

by ScoobySnax 45 Replies latest jw friends

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I loved Mother Teresa too, but this particular thread was about Diana. Mother Teresa was a saint, Diana wasnt but maybe she would have liked to be, like many woman,,,,,,,,,,seriously alot of woman could identify with her , she was very open and honest about some issues that many woman have went thru. That doesnt really make her special , just that she told things on herself that were less than flatering and it just showed the imperfect, young person trying to find themselves , that she was.

Simon,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you sure seem to be negative alot here lately, Elton John could not sing a bad song IMO............and that song meant alot,,, to alot of us,for more reasons than just Diana,,,,,,,,,, I still listen to it from time to time.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Elton John could not sing a bad song IMO............and that song meant alot

I have to agree here. I bought it and play it occasionally. I remember he said he will never sing it again, so I had to buy it. I couldn't NOT hear it ever again.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    What an odd statement. I believe this is the first time that I’ve ever seen ridicule heaped on someone for giving secretly to charity... if that’s what she did. FunkyD, your comments here give the impression of a man scorned. Why do you have it in for Princess Di?

I think you've missed my point. If Diana did give secretly to charity, then I commend her, but I don't think she did. Everything she did was done publicly. She made sure everybody knew when she was visiting sick people. It seems incredibly unlikely that she actually gave some of her money to charity in such a secret manner that nobody has ever found out about it, when we know the most intimate details of her private life and when we can see that she left nothing to charity in her will.

I don't "have it in for Princess Di". I just think there are people far more deserving of praise. Like the people who are actually donating to the charities and working for the the sick and injured people with whom Diana had her photograph taken.

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I loved Mother Teresa too, but this particular thread was about Diana.

Yes this thread is about Diana and the outpouring of grief surrounding her death and also the media attention - but I think Simon made a valid point Mother Teresa died the same week and hardly got a mention in the papers because of the unbalanced media hysteria , which is disgusting considering how much she (Mother Tersea) did.

• funkyderek
  • gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Just some somber things to think about beloved Di.

Elton John re-released "Candle In the Wind" as a single but now that Diana is buried he should've re-released "Island Girl" instead.

What did God say to Di at the pearly gates?Get that Merc off your face.

The Driver turned to Dodi just as they were entering the tunnel:"God I'm so tired! I cannot wait until my head hits the pillar tonight"

What's the one thing that attracts Diana more than a wealthy Egyptian?A solidly-built Pole.

What did Princess Diana die of?Car-pole-tunnel syndrome.

Diana's new title:Princess of Walls

What did God say to Di at the pearly gates?Get that silly Merc off your face.

What's the difference between a Mercedes and a Porche?Diana wouldn't be seen dead in a Porche!

What was Elton John's tribute song for Mother Theresa?Sandles in the Bin.

What did Di wear for her funeral?A dark blue bonnet.

What does a bee have in common with a Mercedes?They both make Royal Jelly.

What's the difference between a Mercedes 600 and a can of spam?They give you a key to get the meat out a can of spam.

Why is a Mercedes like a squid?They've both got Di in them when they're opened.

What's the difference between a Mercedes and Princess Diana?A Mercedes will easily reach 40.

You've read Fergie's books about "Budgie the Helicopter"?Now read Diana's book, "Scrunchie the dark blue Mercedes

What does world hunger and a mercedes have in common?Diana won't stop either one.

What's the difference between a BMW and a Mercedes?BMW doesn't get any royalties.

What did Princess Diana do when she heard the driver had been drinking?She hit the roof.

What's the difference between Diana and Tiger Woods?Tiger Woods has a better driver.

What's the one word that could have saved Princess Diana's life?Taxi.

I hear the Ritz is looking for a new driver.They want one with tunnel vision.

What's the difference between "Thomas the Tank Engine" and Princess Di?Thomas made it through the tunnel!

What does Princess Di turn into at midnight?The wall

The Driver turned to Dodi just as they were entering the tunnel:"God I'm so tired! I cannot wait until my head hits the pillar tonight"

How did Di and Charles disagree about Modern Architecture?Di was wrapt about pre-stressed cement.

What did Diana say to Dodi when he asked to marry her?She wanted something more concrete in her life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit