Princess Diana.....remember??!!

by ScoobySnax 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Realist
    Realist

wow i am surprised about the rational viewpoint of many here.

imo diana was a normal person who died in a car accident...tragic for the people involved but unfortunately nothing out of the ordinary and not justifying the hype generated after her death.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Hey hey hey don't diss Anne so much! She's a busy little Royal and I like the hard callous edge she has just as much as i liked Diana for her glamour (or "it"), Fergie for her common-ness. They're soap opera for the world and I would miss them as much as an episode of Sunset Beach.

• shera
    shera

I thought a lot of the woman.She was a young dreamer,and the dream she thought was to come true,didn't.She used her fame to help others,what could be wrong in that?When someone like her is doing things like that,shes going to be followed by the media.I think she would have done all the same "without" camras.It was the help of camras being in her face,that brought her death.(She didn't want that)

In my opinion,she was for real and a wonderful person.

I cried when I heard of her death.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    She used her fame to help others,what could be wrong in that?

Don't you think it's a pity she didn't do the same with her money?

• shera
    shera

How do we know if she didn't use some of her money,to help others.I never heard that she did or didn't.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    How do we know if she didn't use some of her money,to help others.I never heard that she did or didn't.

See the link above to her will. I concede that she may have donated some money to charities during her lifetime but if she did so, she did it secretly, which seems shockingly out of character for someone who always courted publicity.

• teejay
    teejay

>>>I concede that she may have donated some money to charities during her lifetime but if she did so, she did it secretly, which seems shockingly out of character for someone who always courted publicity.

What an odd statement. I believe this is the first time that I’ve ever seen ridicule heaped on someone for giving secretly to charity... if that’s what she did. FunkyD, your comments here give the impression of a man scorned. Why do you have it in for Princess Di?

• Simon
    Simon

I think that song was god-damn awful and Elton should have been ashamed. I wonder how many people ever play it again after the mob-mentality persuaded them they had to buy it?

Soppy, sentimentalist, twaddle.

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: I feel sorry for Mother Teressa who lived a life of poverty and self-sacrifice among the poor of calcuta. Fancy picking the same week to pop your clogs as Diana! She only got an odd paragraph in the news. But that was Diana, always steeling the headlines and limelight.

I think it shows the bias towards "young, beautiful woman" in the media though I dnd't really think she was that hot myself.

• shera
    shera

I agree with you a bit Simon,but do you really think mother Theresa wanted to known like that.I don't think so,she was a wonderful person and what a real christian is all about. I don't really think Diana wanted all this,but I suppose thats what comes along with marring into royality(bah..can't spell it)

We will never really know what was going on in these peoples minds.Hopefully they are both in better places.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit