THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) JANUARY 2016

by wifibandit 80 Replies latest watchtower bible

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    DATA-DOG
    @ FastJehu, Did the GB really blame the R&F for the bible signing Rock Star Tour?!?!!

The GB has signed bibles in the past. The picture is in the WT May 15th 1999.

So it MUST be OK, if members of the GB signing bibles.

And now in the WT January 2016 they write on page 27:

At times, well-known representatives of the Christian congregation — perhaps circuit overseers, Bethelites, members of the Branch Committee, members of the Governing Body as well as their helpers—may attend a convention or theocratic event that we also attend.
    None of us would want to imitate the attitude of Diotrephes. He refused to welcome the visiting brothers with respect. (3 John 9, 10) But could we, even unintentionally, show a lack of good manners by going to the opposite extreme? How might we do that?

And then one of the examples (of lack of good manners):

Would we ask them to autograph our books and Bibles?

The hypocrisy:

GB members can sign bibles.

But if the R&F asks members o the GB to sign their bibles, they have the attitude of Diotrephes, refusing to welcome the GB members with respect - because they ask for signing their bibles.

They can act as "celebrities" - but the R&F has to follow the WT:

These brothers and their dear wives want to be treated, not as celebrities, but as our fellow brothers and sisters.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OK.........I think I've go this now.

It's OK if the GB decide to autograph new Bibles for others.

It's disrespectful if we decide to ask them to autograph our new Bible.

You must realize, they are much too busy with prayer and meditation to bother with such requests.

Doc

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    w 16/4/3 Those taking the count at the Memorial

Are we Gods "ac-count-ants"? And for what purpose. If the counts mean nothing, for what count. They never meant anything. It was only the basis for speculation and that was a mis-use.

If I would next time go to the memorial and partake, I would say to the counter

"Please dont count me, because I am humble and I dont wanna draw attention on me and with respect of those anointe brothers who havent yet come to a full realization of their call".

It would be good if all "anointed" would do so and thus show that they respect all other anointed, who havent had yet come to full realization of their heavenly call and force the GB to stop the counting process that is senseless.

Or are we a "heavenly call business corp." in which the heavenly tokens/shares experience advancement in value if more anointed are counted? Then the "a-counting" could easily be done online, each anointed could now here online raise the value by pressing the right arrow key. The left key would show that she/he prefers yet the earthly call.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW
    yeah, I was going to say: In a related story, the recent increase in active publishers worldwide includes those who mistakenly got baptized, those who may think they are Jehovah's witnesses and those who have mental issues. So the actual number of Jehovah's Witnesses may not reflect reality
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Would volunteering for background checks, reporting suspected abuse, and telling the truth in court be part of love that "doesn not behave indecently."? Just curious?

Back to the OP...The WTBTS should just STOP counting. Is there a condition where people suffer from an obsession with statistics? If so, the GB and Lawyers are ate up with it.

DD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Back to the OP...The WTBTS should just STOP counting. Is there a condition where people suffer from an obsession with statistics? If so, the GB and Lawyers are ate up with it.

Hi Data you old dog, could it be called arithmomania, a form of O.C.D https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arithmomania

• crazyhorse
    crazyhorse
    Laughable. These WT writers are sick to the core and they don't even know it
  • sir82
    sir82

Brilliant move - sow dissension and doubt among the JW faithful. Call those who partake "emotionally unstable".

Promote debates between JW believers - "I think Brother Goober really is anointed!" "No, he's just emotionally unstable!"

Fantastic. An "apostate" couldn't have done it any better.

• Splash
    Splash

cappytan From the May 15, 1999 Watchtower.

That looks like Gerrit Loesch there at the back, signing Bibles.

What revelation made him realise that this is now indecent?

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

It sounds like a pretty straight-forward threat to anyone who is planning to attend the memorial:

1. Do not partake.

2. Suspect those who partake.

Be on the lookout for crazy people!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit