My Mother Died Two Weeks Ago

by Perry 138 Replies latest jw friends

• cha ching
    cha ching

So sorry Perry, I am expecting the same, unless my dad lives longer... He is not a JW.

I recently got a "sorry for your loss" card in the mail from a JW who I believe still has a heart.. "Apparently," she heard that my mother had died... But, she hasn't... She had "some kind" off a medical emergency... I still don't know what it was.. My sister, who also is "out" found out by accident that mom had taken a spill, but she wouldn't go into detail.. Just, "oh it's nothing"

I called (because of the card) she answered, and became defensive when I told her about it.... "who was it?" "I am fine!"

That was 2 or 3 months ago. I went to her dentist laat week, they mentioned ;w poi w, what a tumble your mom had" She told them more than me....

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

How does this sort of thing happen...where someone's mother dies and family and relatives purposely not inform a son? Only in a religion known as Jehovah's Witnesses!

Perry, sorry for your loss and the loveless way you've been treated.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I'm sorry for your loss, Perry; my condolences. Not telling you about your mom passing away is just wrong. This horrible religion makes people do horrible things.

Eden

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    sorry for your loss.. my friend
  • Cadellin
    Cadellin
    You have my deepest sympathy. That is terrible. I'm so sorry that your family are behaving in such an unchristian, inhumane way.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

So sorry Perry! But the same thing happened to WTUnderground (Atlantis). He did not find out that his Mom had passed away until 3 months after she had already been placed in the grave. Heartless to find out from a newspaper article!

Petra!

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Submit a "letter to the editor" post to your local newspaper about this issue. Explain to them how it is that your mother died 2 weeks ago without you knowing - because of the JW practice of shunning, your mother and all her friends refuse to communicate with you. Use this as an opportunity to publicly expose JW cult behavior.
  • Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

That's terrible, how can those people call themselves Christian?

Sorry for you and your family.

• Perry
    Perry

An old friend sent me a text while on my way to work this morning and told me. His dad was an elder and book-study conductor at our home when we were kids. He never got baptized and is thankful for it.

I immediately called my Dad. I asked him how he was doing. He said, "fine". Loooooong Pauuuuuuse.

I then asked, "how is Mom"?

He told me a few details in a very kind tone. Then he said he had to go because he was leading the group out this morning in field service. He did say that he was planning on sending me the memorial card to me in a few days.

That was it. My father has been a MS for decades. One older brother is an elder. One other older brother was a long-time elder but was deleted several years ago. All are very active.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Can't imagine how you restrained yourself and stayed civil. Again, my sympathies Perry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit