My Mother Died Two Weeks Ago

by Perry 138 Replies latest jw friends

• Zoos
    Zoos

I wonder how many groups of people there are that have to deal with this phenomenon on a regular basis. I also expect to find the obituary of the women who birthed me through an Internet search. Fortunately for me it will no longer constitute a loss in any way. I'm more bothered by the principle of the matter.

Sorry for your insult, Perry.

• New Order
    New Order
    That's really sad. Sorry for your loss
  • whathehadas
    whathehadas
    My condolences for you. Your JW family took shunning to the extreme. They AT LEAST should tell about serious family matters. The WT allows that. That's a crazy situation
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Ohh Wow Perry,

I am so sorry no one told you. It's so terrible.

Take care

Kate xx

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    Perry, so sorry for your loss. We have been shown more kindness on this forum then the Kingdom Hall.
  • jws
    jws
    I'm so sorry to hear this. And it's appalling how your family wouldn't tell you.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher
    So sorry to hear of your loss. No one deserves the inhumane treatment which you've received.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Perry, please send us the mailing address of whoever you would have expected to tell you. I will personally send a postal card with a message like this:

"I'm a friend of Perry and I am appalled that you have not told him about his own mother's passing. You have withhold love from someone who deserved it, and by now, you can't take back the hurt you brought upon him, and by extension, everyone who loves him. I hope that, with this message, you will seriously consider what you have done and understand that it is, in fact, one of the low highlights of your life."

I realise that this will not dismiss your pain, but at least, it is something that I could do. So, if you want to pm me about it, i'll be more than happy to send that message.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Sorry for your loss Perry. It's an empty old feeling that comes over you when you lose someone. Be assured that time will ease that emptiness but the one thing that helps in an immediate sense is to be around friends and family who share your grief and you didn't get that opportunity.

I'm hoping that rather than being a deliberate unkindness this was simply a case of individuals assuming that someone else had told you the bad news and not wanting to interfere or cause an awkward situation themselves, .

Either way, hang in there and be patient with yourself as you come to grips with this loss. I hope it helped to share this with us here who know what it is, to be left out.

-Pete

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    sorry to hear this , it truly sucks, exactly the same happened to me when my mum passed in April, I got to hear about it a few days later through my BiL screaming down the phone to me.Its a very strange feeling, its hard to even be sad or mourn, naturally I was forbidden to attend the funeral , difficult to know what to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit