Steak And Kidney Pie.

by Englishman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Steak and Kidney Pie, mushy peas and chips. Yum!

..Or do you prefer your steak and kidney pie with gravy?

Some people put oysters in with the beef prior to cooking, anyone ever tried it?

Englishman.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Oysters in the beef?...never heard of that.

My local butchers does a large steak and kidney pie, with thick crust, big chunks of steak, enough to feed four......and only for £1.78.!!!!!!!

mmm....

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ah Englishman,

You are making me hungry. I love steak and kidney pie with mash and mushy peas. A little gravy never hurt, either. The only thing we have similar to steak and kidney pie in the States is beef pot pie. But it is all beef and no kidney which gives the added flavor.

You have given me a hankering to travel back to England. I can't wait for my next trip across the pond.

BTW, did you know that because I have eaten beef in England that I cannot donate blood in the USA?

Love,

Robyn

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Not much into meat and potatoes cooking, but once in awhile I have a craving. But give me a good curry any day, and I'm in heaven.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Im with T H on this one,a good curry for me over steak and kidney pie anytime,but beef and ale pudding,now thats heaven.

Cheers,

Rich.

• Englishman
    Englishman
    BTW, did you know that because I have eaten beef in England that I cannot donate blood in the USA?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Englishman.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Although there is a plethora of Pubs in my area, most don't have any decent pies or curries. My favourite local Pub does tho and I have taken to Steak mushroom and Guinness pie with mash and mushy peas moreso than steak & kidney.

I think I know what I am going to have for dinner tonight! :)

• Seven
    Seven

Eman, Steak and Kidney pie with lots of gravy-yummy!!! Just be sure to boil the piss out the kidney first. I also like Guinness Beef-Dublin style. seven

• Englishman
    Englishman

7 o' 9,

Just be sure to boil the piss out the kidney first. I

Actually, I enjoy my kidney's grilled. Yes, you must get the pee out, so soaking in water for a few minutes is generally sufficient. Lamb kidneys are best, grilled with some bacon and a nice runny egg.

Englishman.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Englishman,

Yah, because of the mad cow problem yall had. I found out this bit of info from the nurse who arranged my pre-op. I was as surprised as you are.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit