Last Night's Nightmare

by Robdar 37 Replies latest jw friends

• nowisee
    nowisee

you're welcome, robdar. nice talking to you.

of course you are right about holistic practitioners. and as with ANYthing one must be discerning, do some research. not always the easiest thing to sift out the truth, takes time, effort, determination. i'm still working at it! but coming along i think.

take care, nowisee

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only one who has freaky dreams!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Bittersweet,

Care to share some of those freaky dreams?

Thanks for your post.

Robyn

• Xandria
    Xandria

Gawd you too Rob, I mentioned a nightmare I had on another thread. Trapped in the K.H. .. ick.

I don't like those nightmares.

Take Care,

X.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Robdar,

When I was a dub I often had nightmares about ArmageddonTM. When I got disfellowshipped I started out having nightmares.

I decided I had enough of being brainwashed and living in fear all my life. I took years of therapy to change my thinking patterns and disempowering beliefs. I continue to take courses that help me to take charge of my life and feel wonderful about myself. I have found a new belief system that works for me, personally. I have not had a nightmare since I got back to Canada last fall! Decided I would leave the fear behind and live a life of joy!...much preferred!!!

ESTEE

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

I used to have nightmares about the Big A too. The worst was being at home and here came the military by ground and by air to "get us" for being witnesses. Persecuted even in dreams and I wasn't even a teenager yet. It was all very vivid and I doubt I'll ever forget it. Sad thing is that this wasn't a result of some "demonic movie" or some such nonsense but rather straight out of the WT publications. Having nightmares because of a movie can be put into perspective because you would expect to be calmed and told "it's not real". But when "the truth" affects you that way and you're told it IS real and WILL happen...

No wonder I can't cope with life. That much I've always known but only in the last couple of years or so am I understanding the reasons and realizing that there are just so many of us out there.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Xandria

Yowsah, dreaming of being trapped in a KH is, to me, scarier than being forced to go out in service. Weird how all this can still affect us. At least we can (hopefully) laugh about it now.

I have found a new belief system that works for me, personally. I have not had a nightmare since I got back to Canada last fall! Decided I would leave the fear behind and live a life of joy!...much preferred!!!

(((((((Estee)))))))

I am happy for you that you have found a system that works for you. Care to share it? Kudos to you for leaving the fear behind. I would love to be able to do the same. I think my motto will be "fear free in oh 3"

nightmares because of a movie can be put into perspective because you would expect to be calmed and told "it's not real". But when "the truth" affects you that way and you're told it IS real and WILL happen... No wonder I can't cope with life.

DFW

I wish I could have gotten to actually say more than a few words to you in Dallas. Has anybody ever told you that you have kind eyes? You do, you know, and I had hoped to find out more about what was going on behind them. There just wasn't enough time. Perhaps next year?

As a kid I used to have nightmares about the big A too (still do, actually). And yes, when you are told that they are real and will happen, it takes fear to a whole new level. Especially for a kid.

Thanks for responding, everybody.

Love,

Robyn

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Robdar, you know.....I have had wacked out dreams/nightmares about my JW days.

Not lately or recently, but ages ago, just after I left. I had them for a few years.

I'd be like, being forced back to Atlantic Canada, back to where I lived, back to meetings, and I remember begging in the dream to be 'let go'. I'd be forced into the trunk of a car and driven back to Eastern Canada. When we'd pull into a gas station, I'd see people who weren't JWs, but I couldn't talk. It was like trying to yell, but the words would not come out.

It has been a long time, but I can relate. Having been a JW, that in itself is a living nightmare. There will be, I think, residual dreams related to our living that life.

Be glad you wake up, and it's simply that: a dream

• berylblue
    berylblue

Be glad you wake up, and it's simply that: a dream

First of all, yes, I'm so glad it was only a dream.

Robyn, write if you'd like to talk about the divorce. Mine was hell.

Finally, I had a terrible, terrible Armegeddon dream the other light. I woke up screaming. I won't go into details, b/c it was simply too horrific, but I have them all the time.

Rosemarie

• Mystery
    Mystery

--- In my dream, all the men had on suits and all the women had on floral dresses. Red, blue, pink, green, aqua, all these different floral designs and matching shoes too. I was handed a bookbag, some magazines and a dress to put on.--- Is your (ex)husband a JW? Look at everything we were taught as women. By divorcing you are a failure. Submission. Obedience. Follower, not a leader. Not having support. Submission (handed a book bag)- follower (women had on floral dresses... matching shoes). No support (Not blowing Veni’s cover). (get a kitty treat) you gave us a kitty treat today. Letting us put our 2cents in. Deciding to divorce my ex (and he wasn’t even a JW) was one of the hardest things I ever did. Not because I didn’t want to leave, but because of how “wrong” it was to divorce. He had not cheated on me – JW reasoning again – therefore I could not divorce him. It was difficult. My parents were against me. Him telling my parents if I would just come back he would study to become a JW. With a 1 & 2 yr. old, no family support, no “friend” (they were all JW’s and I had been fading for quite a while), with absolutely nothing to gain except my own personal “freedom” why in the world would I be so selfish for myself to defy all of them? With the stress of your divorce a lot of things will probably surface. Old beliefs. Old memories. Guilt. Doubts. I found it good to keep a journal. Why & why nots? And on the really bad day of “why am I doing this” read the days of “this is the best thing that I could ever do”. I think your dream is a combination of old and new beliefs. I am not a dream reader. But it sounds sorta like the feelings I had 12 years ago. Still very vivid. Deborah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit