Dress for Memorial

by goofy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• caligirl
    caligirl

I say wear it - it sounds beautiful. Besides, the only ones who will say anything negative are likely to be the ones who are too timid to wear anything beyond basic navy and are simply jealous that you look so good. Just give a nice saccarine smile to anyone who dares to criticize you to your face if they think it is inappropriate and say " Thank you" as if they have given you a compliment. Throws them every time!

• goofy
    goofy

Caligirl: I like your idea about just saying "Thank you". I was chatting with my Mom this morning and she wanted to ask me a question..she didn't want to offend me though..she asked if it were possible that I had rebellious streak and didn't care if I offended anyone...me..not me rebellious..lol..

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Goofy

A RED DRESS !!

That brings back memories of a day spent at the circuit assembly when a few sisters were doing a demonstration, I can't remember what it was all about now, but I remember that a "young sister" was asking an "older sister" if she thought this dress in a shop window would be suitable for the ministry work, and the comment was - well it's a bit too short and just look at the colour - bright red (horror in the voice), I couldn't help but feel sorry for sisters sitting in the audience who were wearing red, and there were quite a number of them.

Isn't it amazing how they can even tell you what colour to wear or not to wear, brain control at it's best!

Twink

• goofy
    goofy

Hey Twink, They should see some of my skirts now. I like short skirts. I never did look good in knee length dresses. I either like them long or short and I really like short in the summer. I know there was times when I was still going that I would get the looks of "oh my" because when I sat down the dress would come above the knee. And do you remember the days when long skirts with really long slits were the fashion. I loved those, but heard many of talk about how inappropriate they were. I was counselled a couple of times personally about my slit skirts. My Mom would sew them up and I would "accidently" rip them loose, lol.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

ahhhh yes, the memorial dress...... memorial time is like a wedding for those of us who have never been a bride or bridesmaid.

I say, cut the sleeves off, cut several stragtegically places high slits, and wear an indian head dress. Then go to the memorial with your head high, and act like you have no idea why people are staring.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit