Dress for Memorial

by goofy 24 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Goofy,theres always going to be a few self-rightous dubs that will find something to gripe about..The hell with them!..I wouldn`t step foot in a Kingdom Hall,but for some the memorial is important to them..It will be nice for you to look good at a function that is important to you..Wear your dress and enjoy yourself at the memorial.....OUTLAW

• nowisee
    nowisee

the real question is not what should you wear....but will you partake?????

• myself
    myself

ROFLOL@ nowisee, too funny!!!

Goofy, if you like the dress you should wear it, and enjoy it. If you thought it were inapproriate you would not have decided to wear it in the first place. I have seen all sorts at the assemblies and at the memorial. My choice for that night is a cosy pair of pajamas, drinking some wine and posting here on the forum.

• Dawn
    Dawn

Goofy -

What counts is what's on the inside - not what is on the outside. JW's put so much emphasis on making the right "impression" and they forget about focusing their attention on what really matters.

So I would say - If you like the dress and you want to wear it - then by all means wear it!! And if someone gives you a hard time about it I would say they are petty, jealous, and rather shallow minded.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Wear a lobster bib so you won't get cracker crumbs or Gallo on you while partaking of the emblems.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

wear the dress; and bring a big BIB. so you don't spill any wine or cracker crumbs on it . when all the wt-ites scream if you follow the words of jesus and eat the body and blood of christ. john

• goofy
    goofy

Hey thnaks everyone, I think that I will borrow sevenofnine's boots and wear the dress, lol. Gopher: Yeah my Mom is happy I am going, but I know she is hoping is a start to me coming back and not a one night event (which it is a one night event). Myself, I think I might actually have to join you in a glass of wine when it is all said and done, lol maybe two glasses of wine. I loved you comment Minimus "Don't be goofy, Goofy, lol. I probably wear the dress, just because it's new and I do want to wear it soon.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Your dress sounds beautiful! What do they expect you wear, sackcloth and ashes? Be yourself and be comfortable in what you're wearing. The evening will be stressful enough without worrying about your clothes. One piece of advice, since it's chiffon: if it's the see-through type, be sure to leave off the slip and wear black Victoria's Secret panties with "Naughty" written in sequins on the back. And then come in a few minutes late and take a seat up front.

Nina

• sandy
    sandy

I say wear the dress it sounds beautiful. If anybody has anything bad to say that is their problem. They as "true christians" should just be glad you are there.

This Wednesday the 4/9 Is the Memorial? I am surprised nobody in my family has invited me.

I guess I'll be getting home around midnight all week. Then when they ask me why didn't I go I could say I didn't know it was this week.

• goofy
    goofy

Nina, actually the dress has a built in slip, so I guess skipping the slip is not optional, lol. But I will say that I do not intend to walk in there, it has been a year, since I have been at the Hall, and hang my head, sit in the back and act humble. I am going to smile, extend my hand and say I am doing great. I am also sitting mid way up. I know how they expect inactive ones to act and I am not acting as if I am wrong and ever so humble. I have a right to live my life how I like. Maybe I will wear the dress and dye my hair a shade blonder than it already is. lol, I really don't want to make a scene or statement but will not play the beaten inactive one either. Sandy, the Memorial this year is the 16th. I may have said the wrong date in my original post. But is Wednesday, the 16th.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit