U.S. Say It May Have Found Iraqi WMD Storage Site

by Yizuman 49 Replies latest jw friends

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

is it that paranoid? just step back for a second and consider the embarrassment for the bush admin. if nothing is found. do you really think it is so far fetched that they would try to plant something in iraq to get their justification?

yes, i honestly believe that is a very far-fetched notion. to me, it is tantamount to the "9/11 was planned by the bush adminstration" theories. but paranoia is only a small part of it........

obviously there would be a large amount of embarrassment for the admin. if nothing was found....but.....as far as the admin. is concerned, it is a fact that there are wmd in iraq, and they have no worries or doubts about this possible "embarrassment", as its only a matter of time before they are found. i think the "planting" theories are springing up for obvious reasons......the skeptics are getting a little nervous now that we are actually there, and the possibility of finding these weapons increases by the day. once they are found, much of the criticism directed at this war will become immediately unjustified.....so how do the critics counter this possibility? how do they prevent their embarrassment? pretty easy....just squash that story before it happens, and start talking about the u.s. "planting" wmd.

just so you know....im not accusing you of falling into either of these categories.....im just stating my opinion of the reasons behind this new prevention campaign by the antiwar crowd. if there was any doubt in the administration about the wmd in iraq, then your point would of course be valid. i for one will go on record right now and say that if there were no wmd found in iraq, i would have to seriously rethink my stance on the entire bush administration, and their reasons for war. i saw a poll last night where 58% of americans believe the war is still justified even if wmd are not found in iraq. i am not part of that 58%. the iraqi people will be better off after the war, of this i have no doubt....but this was not the reason we went to war, no matter how hard they try to sell the "liberation" justification to the public.

aa

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

So the CIA intelligence has never done anything dishonest?? Is it not the CIA that has been saying all along there is WMD? So how can one be so sure that if the CIA doesn't find any WMD, that the CIA will plant some there to avoid an international embarrassing situation? Also the US original reason for war was the WMD. The liberation reason was an after thought when the UN didn't buy the WMD excuse.

Will

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

If they don’t find WMD, then the situation begs the question:

Why did Saddam screw with the inspectors all those years if he did not have WMDs?

I am confident WMD will be found.

Look at all the predictions about the War, Bush, US:

The naysayers, appeasers, red diaper doper babies and ani-US crowd have been proven wrong to the point that they have become irreverent.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

ThiChi,

Another good question is: Why did the US screw with the inspectors 100% of the time, during both major inspections?

Gamaliel

• Robdar
    Robdar

red diaper doper babies

Try saying that 3 times really fast! If that wasn't such a hilarious phrase, I might have been insulted (not). Thanks for the laugh, ThiChi.

Robyn

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

G:

Your comment is a good example of what I am talking about! UN Reso 1414 proves you wrong.....

""The French and Germans are going bonkers, because they know we're going to find evidence of their support for Saddam's WMD program. The left predicted disaster in many ways in this war, including the launch of WMDs they said Saddam didn't have, the torching of oil wells, the launching of scuds at Israel, etc. Our forces deserve the credit for stopping the worst case scenarios from happening - and that means credit goes to George W. Bush since we'd all heap the blame on him if things went wrong. Hussein has learned the hard way that this isn't a Bill Clinton half-measure operation like Mogadishu. ""

I agree!

• Simon
    Simon

Doesn't this just just prove what I was saying:

It would be good if they do find them as I think it will make the aftermath and fallout of the war a little easier. However, I will always be skeptical because of the sheer number of times I've heard these "we've got proof" stories which so far have always turned out to be nothing of the sort.

It's interesting that some people were linking to my comments here as an example of my "rabid anti-Americanism". They skimmed passed the first bit where I say it would be good if they found them and misread the second bit.

Does extreme patriotism cause blindness or affect reading ability? Or maybe it's lack of readnig ability that causes ... oh, no ... best not get people all worked up

• dubla
    dubla

simon-

It's interesting that some people were linking to my comments here as an example of my "rabid anti-Americanism".

really, who? just wondering, because that seems like quite a stretch to label those comments as "rabid anti-americanism"......do you have a link? thanks,

aa

• dubla
    dubla

bttt for simon....if you get the time, id love to read that link....thanks,

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

good post!

just a few things:

much of the criticism directed at this war will become immediately unjustified.....so how do the critics counter this possibility? how do they prevent their embarrassment? pretty easy....just squash that story before it happens, and start talking about the u.s. "planting" wmd.

in my opinion the war would still be unjustified since there would have been better ways to handle the situation and since hussein didn't post a threat to anyone.

also i wanted to ask you why you trust the bush admin (or any admin for that matter) so much? it was already proven that several if not most of the "facts" presented by powell to the UN were faked (and in a very bold and poorly done way).

i agree with you that the iraqis will hopefullly be better off in a few years than they are now. but this could have been achieved long ago in a much more humane way. without the support of the US for hussein in the early 80ties to start the iran war iraq wouldn'T be in this terrible mess now and 2 million people wouldn'T have died a totally useless death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit