"Jehovah Has ALWAYS Had An Organization"

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    None of this fits with what the W.T. describes as god ALWAYS having a "slave class" on earth at any given point in time since Pentecost. If this were true....then all C.T. Russel had to do was.....hook up with the ALREADY EXISTING slave class and learn from them He NEVER did such a thing.

Joy Veinot of Midwest Christian Outreach did a pretty interesting presentation about the Watchtower's conflicting history at last October's "Witnesses Now For Jesus" conference in PA. The title was "The Wheat and the Weeds." You can probably order the tape from PFO, if you're interested.

Midwest Christian Outreach has its own website here.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

russel started the cult himself. that is a myth. russell and barbor who started the adventist religon both are direct decendents of the miller movement that produced the great dissapiontment of 1846-7 when all belivers stoped working crops ect. because of the empending end of the world. where have i heard that before?

• gumby
    gumby
    russel started the cult himself. that is a myth

No it isn't. Then who do you give credit for starting it then if not Russell? Russell was disatisfied with his contemporaries and partners and incorporated the WTBTS giving himself full control and all the dough.

Where do you get this from? Again I ask....who then IS responsible?

Gumby

• freedom96
    freedom96

I always used to wonder what happened to the people before the WTS was created. Will they never be resurrected in the "New Order" because they were not witnesses?

I think people individually have had their own relationships with God, and that is between them and God, much like now.

I don't believe for a second that there is one true religion.

• gumby
    gumby
    I always used to wonder what happened to the people before the WTS was created. Will they never be resurrected in the "New Order" because they were not witnesses?

The same thing that happens to people who have never heard of Jesus or know little about him......which btw is in the billions.

Jesus is the only way and there is no other. He is the "door".....according to the bible.

Jehovahs Organisation is likewise......the only way to salvation according to the witnesses.

Either way.....if you do not accept either one......your dead meat. ( according to each group )

I am glad you see there is no "true religion". If God exists....and I hope he does......he knows who is good without a person needing a label or name.

NM.....thanks for the reference.

Gumby

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Jesus is the only way and there is no other. He is the "door".....according to the bible. Jehovahs Organisation is likewise......the only way to salvation according to the witnesses. Either way.....if you do not accept either one......your dead meat. ( according to each group )

Too right, Gumby, and that's what makes the Borg so invidious for it states that IT has the place of God, like as if it's supernatural.

Cheers, Ozzie

• gumby
    gumby

Hey OZ,

Here are some Watchtower quotes provided by dedalus from another thread that proves your point.

"Every kind of terror will be used to destroy the evil world--cloud bursts, lashing rains, overflowing floods, earthquakes, giant hailstorms and a rain of fire. There will be terror on the land, terror in the sea and terror in the air. With shocking surprise Armageddon will catch all those persons outside the New World society." -- From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, 1958, p. 207.

"On Satan's side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, as we read, 'The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.' That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions. Even the professedly Christian organizations? Yes, because all such that are making themselves friends of the world are making themselves enemies of God." -- Watchtower 10/15/58, p. 614-5.

"Do not conclude that there are different roads, or ways, that you can follow to gain life in God's new system. There is only one. There was just one ark that survived the Flood, not a number of boats. And there will be only one organization--God's visible organization--that will survive the fast-approaching ‘great tribulation.’ It is simply not true that all religion lead to the same goal … You must be part of Jehovah’s organization, doing God’s will, in order to receive his blessing of everlasting life." – You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth, 1982, p. 255.

"Never forget that only God’s organization will survive the end of this dying system. Act wisely, therefore, and make plans for life eternal by building your future with Jehovah’s organization." – Watchtower 7/15/84, p. 20.

"Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the ‘great crowd,’ as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural home of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the ‘flesh’ that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation in human history." – Watchtower 9/1/89, p. 19.

"The masses of people facing annihilation if they fail to respond to the good news include out unbelieving relatives, neighbors, workmates, schoolmates, and acquaintances. But our concern is to reach out to ‘all sorts of men’ in imitation of God, who manifested his love for the entire world by giving his Son, Jesus Christ, as a ransom for all (John 3:16). We must zealously invite all to flee to God’s place of safety. By fully carrying out the preaching work, we can avoid bloodguilt." – Kingdom Ministry, September 2000, p. 1

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah!!! Everyone else but us are going to die...YEAH!!!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

This is very interesting! Very good replys from many people. The next TWO years are going to be interesting for many, many people. Keep watch as I believe (no pun intended) that there are going to be a few (?) surprizes. My Spelling is intentional. So, kick back and think about EVERYTHING.

Laters,

MR. KIM

You know I'm the good guy. I just spoke up and out! Will you?

Special Note: You Jehovah's Witnesses in the Security, Colorado Area, Stop by and lets chat a while. Or give me a telephone call. Would like to talk to you, any of you..............FREEDOM OF CHOICE IS ALWAYS YOURS!! Or is it?

• gumby
    gumby

Welcome Mr. Kim......I think.

The next TWO years are going to be interesting for many, many people. Keep watch as I believe (no pun intended) that there are going to be a few (?) surprizes.

The Organisation always is full of surprizes. Do you think you no something we don't?

Making a comment like that in this place requires a no bullshit attitude. I hope you don't have any.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit