"Jehovah Has ALWAYS Had An Organization"

by minimus 73 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Hmm....Now marriage is defined as an organization? Boy, that sounds stupid. I guess, where 2 or more are gathered, we now have an organization. So when Jehovah, the King of Eternity , was alone, he must not have had an organization...hmmm....

• simwitness
    simwitness

In a discussion with an elder friend, he stated:

I am puzzled in as much as to the degree you are against organization. Over all my years the only successful people, businesses, sports and whatever are those that are organized. The most successful are the ones that recognize that organization is not a bad thing but necessary, the very universe could not succeed without it. So in conclusion, the creator, expects us to follow his lead Jeremiah 10:23. There are many things not revealed at this time but as we progress in the truth they will become apparent. It will probably be the best not to get to heavy in our discussions on this matter as the organization is necessary and good. without it there would be anarchy as seen worldwide outside of Jehovah's Organization

And I responded:

There really isn't a puzzle here at all.

I am not against organization. As you said, organization is not only a "good thing" but is also demonstrated by all of creation.

What I have said is that salvation, faith, and works of faith do not REQUIRE being a member of any "earthly organization". (The "thief" on the cross next to Christ is a prime example of this; Luke 23:39-43). I have also said that "organized religion" is a concept of man, and is therefore faulty at best.

The early Bible Students also felt this way:
    --------------
    "Beware of "organization." It is wholly un-necessary. The Bible will be the only rules you need. Do not
    seek to bind other consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Believe and obey so far as you
    can understand God's word today, and so continue to growing in grace and knowledge day by day."
    Zion's Watch Tower, 1895, p. 216 --------------

I also believe that "Jehovah's Organization" exists outside the bounds/bonds of any single earthly organizaton. It is only man's arrogance to try and confine it to any single "thing" or definition.

I do not define "Jehovah's Organization" (or confine it) to the member's of the WTBS. I also do not exclude them from that organization.

Faith is a personal thing, and I choose to put my faith and my service strictly to the creator's care. I do not put my faith in the writings or teachings of any man, or into any "revealed truths" to said men. That does not mean that there is nothing to be learned from them, but my faith, and my service belong to god, and god alone. I have faith that he will guide my steps, and I pray daily for such guidance.

And I left it at that... By the way, he accused me of taking the Watchtower quote out of context, even though he had no access (to my knowledge) to base his claim on.

• Francois
    Francois

The entire argument, this tempest in a teapot, about Jehovah always having an organization is just more male bovine excrement, just like all the other male bovine excrement we're accustomed to hearing from that fountainhead of liquid shit in Brooklyn.

francois

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I would reply, minimus, that J.W. never have said God always had an organization. From the death of St. John to the beginnings of the WBTS they say He only had individuals as His representatives, and no organization.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I was discussing this with my JW parents last Sunday. They said that Jehovah always knew who his people were and that was all that mattered. We apparently don't need to know.

• blondie
    blondie
    After the apostles' death, the "organization" must have been in the abyss, only to soon be revived.

Wrong organization. The WTS applies that to the UN.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

TheOldHippie asserts:

I would reply, minimus, that J.W. never have said God always had an organization. From the death of St. John to the beginnings of the WBTS they say He only had individuals as His representatives, and no organization.

And the Watchtower replies:

*** pe chap. 23 p. 192 God’s Visible Organization ***

The Bible shows that Jehovah has always guided his servants in an organized way.

*** w65 7/15 p. 426 Jehovah’s Advancing Organization ***

Jehovah’s earthly organization has been represented throughout the ages by men of integrity who manifested deep loyalty to him. Wherever they resided, they represented his earthly organization. At times this association of loyal worshipers was very limited in number, consisting of as few as one to eight persons, as in the days of Abel, Enoch and Noah.
  • minimus
    minimus

Neon, That was very good research. Old Hippie, you must now apologize. The point has been made that God ALWAYS has had an organization in heaven. If that is so, according to Witness reasoning, He must have an earthly organization, too.

• heathen
    heathen

OHHHHHHH this is classic how the WT will pull stuff out of their rectum .

Blondie -- THe WT says the beast comes out of the ocean or sea of turbulent manmade society . The locust with the scorpion tails come out of the abyss and to them that means to come out of a state of inactivity of course the dates change as to exactly when this invisible event took place I can't remember when they claim it happened at the moment.. So without the annointed there would have been no slave and no slave means no organization to dish out the food at the propper time. This would mean no great crowd even.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

I would say, "Please review the entire book of Acts, consider the context, and realize that the so-called 'governing body' was a temporary set-up, used only for settling disputes - such as circumcision."

I thank you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit