Know what makes me terribly sad about some on these forums?

by Derrick 90 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I don't know why you have such a large stick jammed so far up your ass about me, but whatever -- go write an erotic poem about it, I guess, and post it to the forum in some light and puffy thread better suited to your particular intellectual gifts.

Thank you, Ded. I will write that poem as soon as I get home from the Mensa meeting next month. It's too late for this month since the meeting has already been held.

Hmmm, "large stick jammed......up your ass" has a nice rhythm to it.....thanks for the inspiration.

Oh, and thanks for reading my poems.

Robyn

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Hmmm, "large stick jammed......up your ass" has a nice rhythm to it.....thanks for the inspiration.

Hey hey, don't forget the "so far" part. That's the key to the whole poem!

Oh, and thanks for reading my poems.

No problem. Hey, we aren't making up or anything like that, are we?

Dedalus

• Farkel
    Farkel

Derrick's lame reply indicates he not the LEAST bit interested in what his religion actually teaches. He's only trying to argue what HE thinks they teach, not what they actually teach:

: The current Watchtower leadership IMO has engaged in manipulation of words on this teaching to keep the rank and file in line, WITHOUT actually teaching that non-JWs will be exterminated.

That's not the point, Derrick and you know it. The point IS that WTS leaders have not repudiated the teaching that 99.99% of the human race (including many dubs) will be massacred by Watchtower God in writing. Therefore, it stands and remains JW doctrine. You can wish that doctrine away, you can claim that things are different now, but the plain truth is it is STILL official WT doctrine. Dedalus and JT and others have quoted what those same leaders DO teach, and all your excusogetics cannot explain away actual JW doctrine.

Any doctrine not explicity changed by WT idiots on the GB stands until they change it. That's a fact, and all your whining doesn't change that.

The WT religion is based upon hate and mass-genocide on nearly all humans (regardless of age) on the entire planet and that is STILL a fact.

Farkel

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hey, we aren't making up or anything like that, are we?

Robyn

• dedalus
    dedalus

OK, Derrick, so, I read your response, carefully, more than once. I guess you were trying to present a context for your answer, and I was patient with that, and even appreciated it. However, since the question here is a very specific one -- Does the Organization Teach that All Non-Witnesses Will Die at Armageddon? -- I'm going to end up ignoring a lot of the context you spent so much time establishing. It isn't because I think what you wrote is stupid, but rather, because most of what you wrote has little to do with the question you were answering.

Remember what you wrote a couple of posts ago, which got all this started (for me, anyway)?

The current Watchtower leadership IMO has engaged in manipulation of words on this teaching to keep the rank and file in line, WITHOUT actually teaching that non-JWs will be exterminated.

You are simply WRONG that the official teaching of JWs is that only JWs will survive Armageddon.

My reply, as you know, was to transcribe a series of quotes contradicting your assertions. So far as I can tell, you've done an about-face in your latest reply:

Layer after layer of sincere albeit twisted reasoning follows to the point where they're convinced that anyone outside this supposed one and only "God's organization" are outside for a reason. They honestly believe ... that those outside of the organization might appear to be righteous and sincere when God knows they are not. Therefore those in the Watchtower's higher eschelon harbor an admittedly warped view that the majority of mankind are unrighteous people living under the guise of being good people. This is based on the incorrect scriptural view that God will not save people who are willing to live law-abiding ordinary lives but simply don't love Him or don't want to make any sacrifices for Him.

Aren't you now admitting that the Watchtower teaches that those outside the Organization are unrighteous and therefore marked for death? It sure seems like you are!

Everything else you write, more or less, is your own opinion -- and, however lovely those opinions may be, they have nothing to do with matters of religious doctrine. For example:

I believe that God figures that good people will take what they need from the message of JWs and discard the rest. While the Watchtower is loathe to this concept it is nonetheless being used by Jehovah.

I don't have a problem with you believing this -- it's your right and all that -- though I personally consider it a pretty absurd idea. But so what? None of this answers our question about the Organization's doctrine. Do they teach mass genocide or not? Yes or no?

Your argument, it seems to me, is that the Organization gets some of God's will done without really understanding how wrong it sometimes is. Well, okay, if you believe that, fine. However, even if your claim could be substantiated, it doesn't change the verifiable fact that (once again) the Organization considers all non-Witnesses unrighteous and marked for death.

This analogy was pretty nifty:

Instead of it being an evil "Borg"-like organization run by manipulative religious con-artists its fundamental motives are quite the opposite. Like the mentally and emotionally disturbed child who is willing to do ANYTHING to please the parents, and grossly misinterprets anything the parents say (i.e., the parents say "Johnny, I don't care what you do, but make your younger brother stop crying!" meaning "Johnny, will you try to play with your brother and keep him occupied while we visit with guests in the livingroom?" -- Johnny takes their words to do "anything" to stop the infant from crying. All else failing, Johnny drowns the infant in the bathtub and it ceases to cry.)

So, instead of being a group of manipulative con artists, the Organization is a group of psychopathic, emotionally disturbed homicidal maniacs with the reasoning capacities of mentally incompetent children! Wow! In any case, the reason why the Organization teaches that 99.9 percent of mankind will die is irrelevant -- the original claim made by you was that they didn't teach it at all.

Anyway, Derrick, I'm glad you responded, and if I've misunderstood, well, do go ahead and explain how. It would seem you've contradicted yourself, though, and your mental perambulating is sometimes, um, a bit irrelevant to the specific topic in question, though pleasant enough to read.

Warm fuzzies,

Dedalus

• dedalus
    dedalus

Farkel wrote:

The point IS that WTS leaders have not repudiated the teaching that 99.99% of the human race (including many dubs) will be massacred by Watchtower God in writing. Therefore, it stands and remains JW doctrine.

They've done more than not repudiate it -- they've echoed it and reinforced it and reintroduced it and celebrated it all through the years, up to the present. They may not have repeated the "99.9%" figure, but it's quite clear to any dub with his ears open what the message of the Watchtower is. Don't forget that as recently as 2000, Our Kingdom Ministry was welcoming the deaths of "unbelieving schoolmates" -- i.e., young children. It's gonna take a lot of children to fill up that 99.9%!

The 2000 KM is the most recent quote I can give you, because after that I couldn't stomach much more of that bloodthirsty literature. But I have no doubts that a cursory glance through last year's bound volumes would turn up more quotes supporting the wonderful truth of global genocide.

Dedalus

• Derrick
    Derrick
    : The current Watchtower leadership IMO has engaged in manipulation of words on this teaching to keep the rank and file in line, WITHOUT actually teaching that non-JWs will be exterminated.
    That's not the point, Derrick and you know it. The point IS that WTS leaders have not repudiated the teaching that 99.99% of the human race (including many dubs) will be massacred by Watchtower God in writing.

The question is, Farkel, WHY does the Watchtower pathologically imply that a large portion of mankind will perish in the great tribulation and Armageddon?

• They interpret certain scriptures in the Bible in the book of Revelation and other books in both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures as prophesying this outcome and someone in the writing department in Brooklyn evidently was bold enough to throw out this infamous and long-maligned percentage.
    • Their teachings strongly indicate they believe that if God executed 99.999% of the population in the days of Noah then subtracting 0.009 for a death toll of approximately 99.99% of Earth's present-day population is giving a generous estimate (and pardon my facetiousness).
    • I don't have my WT CD handy right now but I believe that if I did could quote many instances where they have stated or strongly implied that there will be casualties of innocent people due to the various geological and celetial disasters that will occur during Armageddon. In other words, unlike some born again Christians they don't teach that God will necessarily shield ALL faithful JWs from death, but they DO emphasize that innocent casualties will have the hope of a resurrection based on Christ's ransom sacrifice.
    • Due to conflicting quotations from various years it's debatable whether they do or don't believe that non-JWs who die during Armageddon will receive a resurrection to judgment (deferring to the long-term debate by ex-JWs on whether they believe, for instance, whether all who died in the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah will receive a resurrection and the admitted flip-flops in various publications over the years). HOWEVER, IT IS SAFE TO CONCLUDE THEY BELIEVE ALL WHO ARE EXECUTED BY AVENGING ANGELS DURING ARMAGEDDON WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESURRECTION. Again, I stress the murkiness of this teaching in exactly who is literally divinely executed and who is an innocent "casualty of war" entitled to resurrection dying as a consequence of epi-plague or disaster (i.e., tidal waves, mega-earthquakes, meteor showers, volcanic activities and manmade disasters from nuclear detonations and chemical/bio-warfare etc. interpreted to be prophesied in the book of Revelation).

Now we're getting down to the real target of your anger, Farkel, and that is your personal angst about the Holy Bible's teachings and your apparent feeling the Watchtower's literal interpretations are perhaps the s**t frosting on the cake from your standpoint. I won't get into a lecture of why I believe that this anger is born out of a total lack of trust that we humans do not have the bigger picture, or lack of faith that God can resurrect everyone who is not out-and-out evil and even make them forget the horror show mankind has endured since the beginning days in Eden. I won't go into why I believe the critics of the Bible are like "back seat drivers" who haven't a clue in the world as to the real reasons why God does what he does, or why their reasonings about letting people die and suffer as proving God is a "monster" and comparisons to the love of human parents is irrelevant because human parents DO NOT have the supernatural power to raise the dead and control the very laws of space/time to where of God wanted to he could snatch good people from any point in time and then destroy those timelines as if they never existed in the first place. (If you think I'm insanely rambling read this month's Scentific American and take a look at its cover -- you'll have to call scientists insane as well, which knowing you wouldn't surprise me.)

No, I won't even delve into any of these areas because your fundamental problem is this belief that goes something like this: "Derrick, what you say would be well and good except it is FANTASY and I would be insane to even consider it." In other words, if any argument is presented that you have pre-supposed as based on the impossible, then you discard the argument immediately rather than risk considering it. You do this, IMO, because you believe it would open you to the risk of going "insane." If you pre-suppose that God cannot possibly exist, then it's impossible to rationally argue God's existence with you because you refuse to "go there" in the first place. Of course, you won't admit this because it would make you seem bias to this vast audience on this site, so you instead dismiss it with personal insults and sarcasm.

Getting back to the basis which the Watchtower teaches these things -- their (mis-) INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE -- it stands and remains JW doctrine. I do not wish that doctrine away, but I can claim that things are different now BECAUSE A NEW GENERATION OF JWS IS ABOUT TO TAKE THE HELM. These younger JWs are more open-minded because they were born in times of post-war prosperity where basic education was in far greater abundance. Believe it or not they recognize the inconsistencies and the death of their seemingly all-wise leaders will empower them to face these obvious discrepancies between party-line teachings and reality.

but the plain truth is it is STILL official WT doctrine. Dedalus and JT and others have quoted what those same leaders DO teach, and all your excusogetics cannot explain away actual JW doctrine.

True, but I can give breadth on WHY and insight into the (misguided) BASIS for the present GB's and Writing Dept.'s teachings. You don't like this, because evidently you don't think CORRECT INTERPETATIONS of the Bible are better. Misguided or correct you seem to believe it really doesn't matter because you have judged God as portrayed in the Bible as evil.

Case in point, you think God committed "genocide" by killing all humans except for Noah and his family. Therefore, the whole argument about what the Watchtower interprets about everything else is really moot, isn't it, Farkel?

Any doctrine not explicity changed by WT idiots on the GB stands until they change it. That's a fact, and all your whining doesn't change that.

However, you fail to either recognize or admit that it's because they believe their interpretation of the Bible is exactly correct, and until they are convinced they are wrong, they will not change it. Of course, admitting this really torpedoes your whole concept of a wicked and manipulative GB because it implies they really are too good for their own britches in their uncompromisingly sticking to what they personal KNOW is right (whether or not it is in fact truly right) until proven otherwise. Because what else are those willing to uncompromisingly stick to what they personally believe is right supposed to do? Are they supposed to say, "I might not be right so let's just do whatever we each feel is right"? You'll have to admit that is not exactly what Christ taught.

Farkel, you would have to show that after the GB each realized that any given teaching was wrong, they continued to demand JWs believe it for a period of time until they were good and ready to officially change it. That's tough because you can make a very strong case that my belief is wrong, for instance, but my value system might mean I'm determined to proceed with caution and not admit you're right until I positively believe beyond a shadow of doubt that you are in fact right (after which time I make the change).

The WT religion is based upon hate and mass-genocide on nearly all humans (regardless of age) on the entire planet and that is STILL a fact.

Yes, that is the crux of your belief in the Bible itself. Unfortunately you fail to realize that authentic truth in any matter is not often apparent on the surface. You also refuse to admit even though someone as bright as you must know deep down in your heart that sometimes we cannot explain our actions and convince everyone we are right, and at least for a time we may suffer condemnation from others on our actions until they one day learn all the things they didn't know about at the time they judged us. It's the old "after the fact" scenario where, after the fact, we might say "Gee, now I understand why God did what he did over time,l and appreciate the fact that everyone who ever lived was saved -- but how could I have possibly known that at the time? I am so sorry, I just had no idea at the time."

This is the subtle point where you'll eventually discover one day in the future, whether it is in a distant time who can guess, that God will perfectly understand your bitter anger at Him due to a complete lack of understanding. That is, unless (and only you know this in your own mind and heart) you just simply hate the concept of God no matter how righteous and just he is, or no matter how good things turn out in the end? I don't know you and you certainly don't know me, but I'm willing to guess this isn't the real problem with you. I'm willing to guess you simply are terrified to even "go there" and give yourself the luxury of even considering these possibilities. Because you're terrified of the possibility of being taken to the cleaners by a God that is truly monstrous or worse that space and time is a mindless and spiritually dead place where we just happened to accidently come into existence and where "good" and "bad" are simply constructions of intelligent life. I think that somehow you're afraid to consider the possibilities I have mentioned and that you must ridicule my faith in the factuality of these possibilities to make your denial of these possibilities feel like grasping "reality." You once looked at the possibilities of God being real through Watchtower glasses and discovered this was illusion, so you're afraid to look through anything that resembles looking-glasses even if it's a real "electron microscope" to examine all possibilities. Obviously those willing to consider possibilities instead of simply having a closed static worldview run the risk of seeing truth in possibilities that respected peers might ridicule.

It takes courage to simply stand alone with a proverbial "telescope" and aim it into the darkness, because peers who will refuse to look into that telescope might deride you as "crazy" for seeing something that isn't supposed to be there.

Derrick

• Derrick
    Derrick

Dear Dedalus,

My post to Farkel pretty much answers your comments. It addresses the issue of "genocide" as in fact a judgmental lack of having all the facts about why God did what he did, and why it's even possible for someone to do something we think is "evil" when in fact if we knew all the facts we would know the act was necessary and for a greater good. In fact, Dedalus, your comments reaffirm my contention that you consider the death of everyone on Earth except for Noah and his family as a "bloodthirsty" act of "genocide" by God. (Of course you'll probably say that would be true if God existed, which you'll probably say he either does not or if he does, he would not have caused everyone except Noah and family to perish in a global deluge. Correct me if I'm mistaken.) Therefore, anyone who accepts Bible teachings is bloodthirsty by your own admission, PERIOD, am I right?

I sincerely hope anyone who skipped my lengthy reply to Farkel prior to this post goes back and reads it, because I really believe it expresses and explains my views in this regard well.

Derrick

• donkey
    donkey

Does the Organization Teach that All Non-Witnesses Will Die at Armageddon?

I have had a few discussions on this subject with some JW's lately. Some of them believe that only JW's will survive and some of them believe non-JW's will survive too.(I guess we should thank God's Woman (that would be the organization in case you haven't had that drummed into you a million times) for having the perrogative to change her mind....nevertheless she is doing a lousy job at teaching huh?)

So if there are others who will survive the "big A", then who are they? I expect your answer will be that it is "those who have not had an opportunity to hear the good news". That is the stock response of some dubs. Well then I have to ask you: How can you be blood guilty if you do not preach? If people who haven't heard the "good news" will not die because they did not hear your preaching and you in fact did not do any preaching then please explain it to me. Is the paint wet all around your proverbial corner?

Depending on the reply there are some simple questions to follow...either way you as a JW will not escape large contradiction in your thinking and reasoning.

Perhaps I am not the only one who talks out of my ass...but then at least I have the excuse that I am a Donkey.

• dedalus
    dedalus

I just want to remind you, Derrick, that you originally made this statement:

You are simply WRONG that the official teaching of JWs is that only JWs will survive Armageddon.

Now you are admitting that the Witnesses do teach that this, for whatever misguided reasons:

... it [the teaching that all non-witnesses will be destroyed at Armageddon] stands and remains JW doctrine ... but I can give breadth on WHY and insight into the (misguided) BASIS for the present GB's and Writing Dept.'s teachings

Whatever breadth you can provide for the reason the Organization teaches this doctrine of genocide is besides the point (for now). Before these latest reponses, you had made an assertion, and in your own roundabout way you've now demonstrated that you know (and knew?) that assertion to be incorrect. In short, you've admitted you were wrong, at least in some technical sense that, while not important to you (you're a "big picture" guy) is very important to me (and, I'd argue, to the "big picture," too).

You opened about a dozen other cans of theological worms while doing this, and I'll reply to those later, when I have time, because I remain interested in this dicussion and your thoughts. Before moving on, though, I just want to establish that this part of the debate is closed. The Organization teaches that only Jehovah's Witnesses will survive Armageddon. All others will die. You and I, Derrick, agree that this much is true, and since we do, I hope you will avoid in the future misleading statements like the one quoted above.

Again, I'll respond to the rest of your reply later.

More and more warm fuzzies,

Dedalus

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit