Know what makes me terribly sad about some on these forums?

by Derrick 90 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

What about those who do not believe there is a God? I'm still debating the issue myself but I have come to the conclusion that the Bible is a bunch of hog wash. Yep, written by men who wanted to control people. What better way to control others than to tell them there is an unseen God in an unseen heaven who will destroy you if you do not do as the Bible tells you to.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Know what makes me terribly sad about some on these forums?

Thatsomeonewouldtakethetimeouttopostathreadtheyfeelstronglyaboutyetmakeitsodifficulttoreadthatyoujustwanttogiveup

• Farkel
    Farkel

Derrick's argument is fatally flawed. He didn't bother to mention that Watchtower God will kill hundreds of millions of suckling infants and toddlers ON PURPOSE, because their parents wouldn't buy Watchtower Shit(tm).

The US and our allies are doing everything reasonably possible to avoid that, and even when that happens, it is because of human mistakes. God is supposed to know everything and does NOT make mistakes.

Rick (Derrick) is an idiot, and has had six years of pounding and therapy and even gentle help from some of the finest minds in the ex-dub community who were seriously interested in gently guiding him from being an idiot to back to being a sentient human again. He's steadfastly refused to change and continues to do so.

Therefore, he has no excuses for NOT being an idiot, and must enjoy being one.

Farkel

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

you mean some cats get off on being an idiot TC?

there oughta be a law against it Farkel!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

UB: Come on, mate, where is your "fair go" BS?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dear ThiChi - giving someone a fair go - doesn't mean calling a spade a garden hose.

fair go? I gave mr.clogged mind a year or more of reality enemas what more do you want

unc not push'n shit up h20

• dedalus
    dedalus

Still no reply from Der(rick). Hit and run, I say. Which means his post was a masturbatory stroking of his gentle, pensive, sentimental soul. Seriously, why post something like this and not check back? It pisses me off, the way Christians so frequently run when a chorus of praise doesn't go up when they speak. Intellectual cowardice.

Dedalus

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nice try defending Derrick, but his post still doesn't make much sense to me, and neither does yours

Ded,

I never tried to defend Derrick. Again, you jump to extremes.

Robyn

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

You guys can always go and vent at Derrick personally on his JW apologist board. (I think he might be "mod105" as well - or maybe they're twins or suck at the same teat)

unclebruce

suplimentry question: is Coggs Minderrick a closet mormon? (I found a closet link to mormonism on h20 thew other day but can't now trace it)

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    "I find something very distressing not to mention terribly sad about some of you people"

Derrick, thank you for your concern about us.

Does it also concern you that your god is very likely prepared to kill 99.9% of all people, you included, if you do not love him with your whole heart, mind and soul? Does not your heart find it "very distressing not to mention terribly sad"?

Perhaps the root cause of your sadness is not us, but rather beliefs which go against the very nature of love. Your very nature.

JamesT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit