Know what makes me terribly sad about some on these forums?

by Derrick 90 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

That is why I have trouble believing in a God that allows the killing of innocent lives. Do you think that those people in the WTC of September 11 deserved to get killed?. Or all those innocent men, women and children in Iraq deserve to die? Why do you think that governments can so readily make people die for a cause? Whether it is the US, Britain or Iraq, they are all fighting for that eternal reward of being in heaven. Whose side is God on now? I guess he was on those terrorist that flew those planes into those twin towers on 9/11. Now I guess he is on the Americans side that are riding the world of all those "WMD"... It’s all hypocrisy. I can not believe a loving God would just sit there and allow these terrible thing to happen to his/her creation. Myself I believe that this is all there is to life and we should make the best of what we have now. We make our own heaven or hell right here on earth.

Will

• pr_capone
    pr_capone
    Dedalus (who is waiting for the second coming of Lulu, the invisible pink unicorn, who is the real savior of humankind)

ROFLMAO

You worship Lulu???? I worship Lili who is Lulu's sister. The only differance is that Lili is a blue unicorn!!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• Simon
    Simon

The problem with the WTS view is really what the definition of "Evil" is. The teach that it is anyone who doesn't follow them, do a certain number of hours a month in their service, contribute to them etc...

There are lots of good people on this planet who have never heard of JWs and are "better" people than many JWs. Why should they die?

The comparison with Iraq would be "we're going to wipe out the entire country ... rejoice for we have killed Saddam". No, we would not rejoice at that.

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

William Penwell and Simon,

You both make very valid points.

Simon: evil to JW's is a person that disagrees with them..... the only differentiating factor is the degree that they will enforce it. I have studied it after having gone through it and the same results have come up.!!!!!!!

William Penwell: Neither can I believe that a loving God has, in any way contributed to the silly stuff existing on this earth. I have heard the JWs' and every other conceivable possibility, and it all comes back to one thing: WE BLAME GOD FOR ANY OF OUR SHORCOMINGS!!!!!!!

As long as we BLAME other people/(spirits) for our imperfections, then we will inevitably fall short of our potential.

Brad.......................... my $2.00 worth at least.....

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Is it acceptable to kill all 20 million Iraqi's and all 250,000 allied troops to impose a theocratic government upon Iraq* just because it's your God doing the killing? What makes me 'sad' is the irrational, emotion ridden thinking that comes out from 'some people' on these forums.

* Not to mention the rest of the globe

• dedalus
    dedalus
    ROFLMAO

I can't take credit for discovering the invisible pink unicorn -- I think it was funkyderek or someone else on this site who brought Lulu to me. But I've been a loyal follower ever since.

Dedalus

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Derrick,

How you can compare Saddam Hussein to normal everyday people is beyond me.

Jw's teach that good people will be killed for not being one of them. Your analogy is ridiculous.

Dig

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Personally I'd like God to Kill EVERYONE on the Earth and just leave me alive.

Oh, and Claudia Schiffer. And maybe Heidi Klum as well.

The Pope

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

If God is on America's side where was he then on September 11, 2001?? Out taking a wizz?

Will

• Francois
    Francois

LearnToMakeParagraphsBoy

ft

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit