JWs and Prepping

by TD 30 Replies latest jw friends

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Seems like a good practice to me, to keep a bag ready for emergencies. Just have to remember to update it every year or so, so that you don't end up with a bag of useless junk in an emergency.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    "go bags"

What happens if their "go bags" are at home but they're out or at work or something when the balloon goes up?

What happens if they have their prescribed meds but they run out because Jehovah(tm) fails to stop the Great Tribulation(tm) in time?

There is just so much wrong with "go bags".

....and where are they going to flee to?

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

They really make a big deal about go bags, it was in the watchtower again last Sunday.

every year there is at least one local needs about putting extra food and supplies in your go bag so as not to be a burden on others but better to have a surplus to share.

the elders all hope that the rank and file will have an excess and all the sisters will rally round to feed them and look after them.

the branch always has extra supplies to send to anywhere in the world if there are disasters or food shortages of some kind

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ punkofnice - Kevin McFree gave the answer what we should! You must've missed the memo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCJUfs96KGA&t=2s

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

What happens if their "go bags" are at home but they're out or at work or something when the balloon goes up?

What happens if they have their prescribed meds but they run out because Jehovah(tm) fails to stop the Great Tribulation(tm) in time?

There is just so much wrong with "go bags".

....and where are they going to flee to?

-

Punk it’s actually very good advice to have go bags ready and have one in your car as well, have all the things the Borg suggest spare medicine and anything else you may need.

As to your question where to run to the answer is 1st option the Kingdom Hall. Many times beds have been made on the floors of KHs even recently refugees sleeping in the KHs.

If that’s not an option all congregations have one emergency back up RV. Usually a big supermarket car park where everyone can load up on even more supplies and then make a plan what to do next, usually the plan would be to go to any brothers or sisters homes that haven’t been affected by whatever happened.

the elders want to make sure everyone in the cong is taken care of they always quote that scripture “work what is good towards all but especially to those related to you in the faith”

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

FYI: These "go-bags" are not some JW invention at all. The US Government has been encouraging citizens to do just this, in preparation for any sort of natural disaster.

JW Leadership just picked up on it and ran with it. Kind of like the "Food Boxes" Trump put out for the needy during the height of COVID. The GB actually took credit for those! They had the Elduhzzzzz round them up, then distribute them to the needy in the Congregation and told them that it was from WT HQ. Cause, ya know, "Jehovah Provides!" They are a total con!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    luby - Punk it’s actually very good advice to have go bags ready and have one in your car as well

My car is full of biscuit crumbs and bits of old MacDonalds (the crap food outlet not the farmer), from the Grandkids. I reckon I could attract insects and birds then eat them if the Great Tribulation(tm) takes me. I don't have room for any more stuff in my car. A 'go bag'(tm) would only over burden my poor Skoda.

I reckon if the Great Tribulation(tm) came, the armed police would seize my 'go bag'(tm) and give it all to illegal immigrants.

If Jehovah(tm) is protecting his people, I don't see why they need anything else.

Booger - I'll have a look at the Lego answer when I can look at youpube because my work PC has banned certain channels.

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

Yes; I was informed by one of my PIMO relatives that The Borg had the membership study a WT article yesterday which emphasized for dubs to be prepped "for persecution"! This cultporation AGAIN--even regardless of ANTMO's stepping down--wants the R&F to be AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID of the governments and other people GUNNING (excuse the use of this particular word) for them. 🙄 WT has made their followers feel that they are sooooo very important to the degree that they are TARGETS of non-believers. 😐 All the while in reality, there are extremely FEW humans who give any thought to this organization. WT is in most folks' minds a NON-FACTOR and not of utmost importance to them in their own personal daily lives. The Heinous Hierarchy is CERTAINLY DELUSIONAL plus POMPOUS, ARROGANT, and NARCISSISTIC!😡

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes. It"s a isolation technique. This 'persecution complex', 'uncertainty', to keep the rank and file in doubt to 2nd guess themselves.

But, sometimes it is good advice to keep oneself prepared with supplies in case infrastructure does go down.

But this constant rhetoric of it,,very tiring indeed.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    ...and where are they going to flee to?

A sister in the congregation told me that we will all be going to Chelmsford. Bus loads from all over the country, it will be wonderful she thought.

I asked if there was space for about 140,00 extras there, four times the current population of the entire town. I was assured Jehovah knows what he is doing.

As regards hoarding, or prepping, we have done that all our life as did our parents. Not for some great calamity but to have plenty in store in case of illness or bad weather and you cannot get out for a few weeks. Just common sense really

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit