Great tribulation

by dothemath 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The "Great Tribulation" in my life has been being a jw for 6+ decades! The tribulation has ended for me and the "new world", i.e. the real world, is pretty damn good!

just saying!

• Half banana
    Half banana

If I genuinely believed in an imminent cataclysmic event where the majority of mankind will be murdered, even as a witness I would be living on my nerves, in fear of dying. I don't see this in JWs, they only parrot the party line with a smug smile, "It's very very close". Methinks they don't really believe it, just the principle of it; we're right and everyone else is wrong so God must favour us.

It must be very debilitating to suffer from a delusional disorder. The world pities and sometimes mocks the sufferer.

There is however something worse-- to have eight million people, orchestrated through propaganda and mind control, to suffer from the same delusion. The only reason JW paranoia has the slightest credibility is because of the number of witnesses already believing it.

For JWs it's an irrational way of life based on Biblical hype and the promise of winning the jackpot but in reality with no prospect of any reward and a complete waste of one's life.

The real beneficiaries from keeping the delusion going are those who run the scam, the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Hete someone David recently "I smell peace and security".

Next time I will ask him how this smells.

G.

• Pete Zahut
  • Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

jp1692 I remember Kovalak. How were they able to buried him with that stick up his butt. That guy made death look like fun. Talk about a PTSD moment. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• ducatijoe
    ducatijoe

Goundhog Day... Hearing that sense I was baptized in 1968.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Hal;f banana - "...I would be living on my nerves..."

Pretty sure a significant chunk of JWs are.

And the Org chalks it up to the depradations of "Satan's World" (rather than entertain the possibility that being a JW might be the reason).

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Didnt John write in 1 John that were in the last “hour of the last days “ almost 2000 years ago? We must be in the last millisecond.

• skin
    skin

Microsecond

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit