Great tribulation

by dothemath 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dothemath
    dothemath

You've likely heard all this before, but I had to laugh (silently) at the public talk today.

He focused on how close we are to the end. We're not only in the last days, but we're in "the final part" of the last days.

Also, we are nearing "the end of the final part of the last days". He didn't read any scriptures backing up how the last days are broken up like this.

I went today since relatives es were visiting, but it was more entertaining than usual.

As well, the GB isn't warning us about Armageddon, rather they're mainly warning about the great tribulation, which is "very, very, close!"

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

Well it is the last days,for the watchtower that is its started becoming a small online cult

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I see they are still beating a dead horse.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The overlapping generational conglomerate is reaching the ever shifting prophetic goal posts!

Everyone’s excited. The figurative ark doors may have even closed! The figurative deluge has perhaps started! We could even be knee deep in figurative animal shit after several weeks of living in the ark! We are that literally deep into the end phase of the final last bit of the imminent conclusion!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

It's now late October 2018 " do you know where your tribulation is?"

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Deja vu all over again - Yogi Berra

Do you see any JWs living like they really believe this shit? F’ck no! Most know it’s just “cut n’ paste” from the past. They’re all just keeping one foot in the door “just in case” the GB is right this time — JUST IN CASE — but none of them really believe it.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear has been used and exploited by the WTS for over a century both to allure people to the organization but also to activity control people to serve its own means and sustenance.

Ironically Jesus warned of Prophets who say they come in his name but say things they were not given to them by him.

The WTS has been a commercialized false prophet enacted as a publishing house or corrupt Charlatanism.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I heard that in the early ‘80s from Nick Kovalak, a CO that’s now long dead.

Let’s review: It’s a cult!

• atomant
    atomant

For anyone interested the following youtube is the best summary what the GB has been teaching for the past 100 plus years. type in Jehovah's Witness: Why Former Bethelite Leaves

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had a conversation with a J.W about ten years ago in which I outlined why there was no such thing as the G.Trib. or the Last Days.

He ended the conversation by saying he was still going to stick with the JW's because he felt that " something is going to happen".

Despite what I had shown him, the life-long fear, instilled three times a week or more in him, kept him captive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit