Great tribulation

by dothemath 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Did the speaker say it was the GT of Matthew 24, or the one which is ignored by the org at Revelation 2:22?

• dothemath
    dothemath

He didn't get into revelation at all,

just matthew with lots of added "logic" to Jesus' words.

• sir82
    sir82

The "last days" started 104 years ago.

I humbly submit that we are in "the last centuries", rather than "the last days".

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

So Jehovah is going to Bring Armageddon without the truth being preached in North Korea and Saudi Arabia. This is very partial Jah.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Judging from the rising tide of headlines these past few years, if any religion is truly at risk of experiencing authentic "tribulation", it's definitely the WTS.

Frankly, I think current circumstances really do go a long way towards convincing them that they're on the home stretch...

...(as long as they conveniently forget that "Babylon the Great" is supposed to be attacked first).

:smirk:

• blondie
    blondie

My husband reminded me of the talk where the speaker said we are in the toenails of the feet on the image in the book of Daniel.

Chapter 2

41 “And just as you saw the feet and the toes to be partly of clay of a potter and partly of iron, the kingdom will be divided, but some of the hardness of iron will be in it, just as you saw the iron mixed with soft clay. 42 And as the toes of the feet were partly of iron and partly of clay, so the kingdom will be partly strong and partly fragile. 43

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ha, Blondie. I used to give the public talk about the image in the book of Daniel and I said we were in the time of the toes. But that was more than 20 years ago, so we would be on the toenails now.

We are a cat's whisker away from the end as we find ourselves at the very end of the short period known as the final days of the end of the very last part of the dwindling last days which will imminently bring a start to the Millennium.

Hey, I heard that some are saying that Jehovah's Witnesses teach that we are already in the Millennium, and that it started in October, 1914.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ OTWO...

Jeezus, you'd need a laser micrometer to measure it at this point... :smirk:

• steve2
    steve2

The "last days" started 104 years ago.

I humbly submit that we are in "the last centuries", rather than "the last days".

Correction my friend! Chuck Russell believed the last days started in 1799 and would end in 1914. It was Rutherford who tried to expunge the 1799 doctrine. Just shows you how successful Rutherford was that even those who have left the organization say the last days started 104 years ago - very much a revised teaching of the older one.

• zeb
    zeb

I read a book of a girls survival under the Nazis. It was called 'A girl survives' by Ute Valance. She annoyed the nazis so much she found herself in a prison. In there among the wave of other humanity were some jw.

A bombing raid took place and the prison was hit by intention or accident. Well in such noise chaos and stink it was no wonder the sisters cried out that it was Armageddon.

I make the point that it can be your own beliefs/circumstances that will convince you the the big A is happening. The poor people of Syria in recent times might believe they are at the end of the world.

If you can find a copy of this book it is well worth the read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit