Try Not To Vomit When You Read Todays Text

by pale.emperor 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

And there's supposed to be no clergy in the "truth"!!!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Here you go, Carla.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

sparky1 - where was that? In a WT publication?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yep. Its been posted here before. Bastards autographing bibles for cuban dictators

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is precisely the sort of idolatry they are bashing. Their own LIE-ble even tells people not to put trust in nobles. And isn't that what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is trying to make themselves? Besides, they are puke ugly--just looking at them is enough to make me puke. Is it any wonder joke-hova chose those scumbags to lead the flock into donating their spiritual energy to the cause of enslaving the whole world? Then they bash someone for worshiping the sun--which is a cleansing object.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

@ ttdtt

It's in the 1999 May 15th WT.

[Picture on page 8]

Governing Body members sign gift Bibles for public officials

*** w99 5/15 pp. 7-9 A Historic Visit Makes an Island Rejoice ***

More about here:
    https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/207117/governing-body-autographs-gift-bibles-cuban-authorities

• flipper
    flipper

Interesting thread Pale. Years ago as a JW I did try to respect these elders, but they made it very difficult to do so. The statement in the text - " Those related to us in the faith CERTAINLY MERIT HONOR AND RESPECT " . This is ESPECIALLY true of the elders..."

I found that to be a mostly false statement. Many times I saw elders not deserving one ounce of respect due to their unjust and cruel actions towards members of the congregation ; or even actions taken against their own children , or wives. They lost my respect years ago when I saw their hypocrisy when I was a young man in my 20's in the 1980's. Many times I saw no evidence of " hard work or humility " - just a sense of entitlement, power , prestige and being a member of the " good old boys " club. Of which I wanted nothing to be a part of

• carla
    carla

Thanks Sparky!

• wolfman85
    wolfman85
    The Bible refers to them as “gifts in men,” and they are a key part of God’s arrangement to care for the needs of his people. (Eph. 4:8)

This is a clear example how the Watchtower and their NWT twist the Scriptures. I have searched almost 40 Spanish Bibles in a computer program and several in English and Eph. 4:8 doesn't say "gifts in men". Each and every one of the Bibles translations I have read says: "gifts to men", a totally different meaning.

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/4-8.htm

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

It's one step more for the WT to be a mainstream church....it goes along with making their teachings simple so just a caste has the golden nuggets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit