The new changes is a clear indication that we are one step closer to the end...

by RobertT18 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash

Excitement for The End is the default, knerjerk reaction for those who have been told their whole lives that the end is coming soon.

The moment there is anything newsworthy or any organisation change, desperation to justify a lifetime of disappointment, the need for social acceptance and self-reinforcement of a flaky faith cause them to break out in these pitiable exclamations.

An earthquake, a war, a new president, global warming, a new bible, Bethels closing. They ache for validation of their beliefs and obsessively see The End in every innocuous event.

It's a sad, sad thing to behold because it will only ever lead to more disappointment and more desperation.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I just wonder what a new release of the video 'JW's-the org behind the name' would look like in 5 years.

I'm thinking it would look kind of deserted.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

I just trolled their chat and sent them this gif

[img]http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/Thanks+obama_cda61e_4603268.gif[/img]

no replies, I reckon I'm gonna get kicked lol.

• opusdei1972
    opusdei1972
    Yes, these changes excite them, because they think the END must be imminent, so some naive ones will sacrifice their jobs, college, so as to serve more. However, the time will pass, then they will notice that the END is always close, but then they will be old people, without a retirement pension.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Amongst witnesses, EVERYTHING and ANYTHING is proof of "the time of the end / nearness of Alarmageddon / etc...etc..."

If it is positive things, such as "growth in numbers" it's is "proof". If it is a negative thing such as a disaster or war or the like, it is "proof"!

It is a win-win situation....

Basically, it is because none of them use their logical minds, but simply regurgitate the prescribed response they feel they should give!

• truthlover
    truthlover

Y'all know that in the last several lessons we are being told to obey, even if something doesn't quite sound right, just obey the brothers...and the "anointed" ...... this was a set up for what was coming,,,, and that is all the layoffs and stop to the "building" work...my guess is after Jackson went on the stand at the Austrailian Royal Commission and when he gave some "ohoh" answers and I don't know answers and the child abuse was brought up and really looked into one particular case of the 1006 reported to the elders, things have changed big time! Thoughts now are the UK will be opening a Royal Commision themselves... where is that all heading... next stop Canada, then US???

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    You see it happening over and over again. They're just in a trance ''the end is so close, the end just has to be so near'' all wide-eyed like a kid at a theme park. The years, then decades stream on, the same people wind-up being toothless and without a pension wondering where time has gone.
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18
    I'm going out to FS tomorrow to preach to inboxes. Can't wait to hear doomsday conversations.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Robert " The new changes are a clear indication that we are one step closer to the end....."

The Rebel :-The new changes are a clear indication most in the W.T are afraid to step out on their own. Reminds me of the song changes by Bowie:-

I watch the ripples change their size,

but never leave the stream,

of warm impermanence.

and so the days float through my eyes,

and still the days seem the same.

The Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Everything is proof that we're right! Even the stuff that isnt!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest