The new changes is a clear indication that we are one step closer to the end...

by RobertT18 22 Replies latest jw friends

• RobertT18
    RobertT18

That was today's topic over a group chat of my cong's young jbots. Apparently the rumors are circulating everywhere I go, even people from the Spanish congs are talking about it. What's really sad is that the majority of people are already seeing this as "clear" signs of the end coming. Maybe the end of the org I hope but seriously people are already on super creepy cult mode.

😠😣

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Yes... End of WTBTS
  • Alive!
    Alive!

I just know I couldn't be in any kind of JW group conversation of that sort without screaming 'STOPPIT' and thus perhaps attracting negative attention.

:-)

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2
    "it's a Sign, alright...'Going out of business!' " -Jeanine from Ghostbusters
  • sir82
    sir82

Cognitive dissonance.

They can't process any other reason for all the changes, so the answer that "fits", that makes them feel less uncomfortable, is "it's a sign the end is close".

• vinman
    vinman
    The Watchtower has always said the end is near. But they have never stopped building projects and made such a pronouncement. It is hard for us out here to comprehend how anyone can take this seriously. However, the fact that they will stop projects to "focus on the preaching work", will as RobertT18 said, will put many in "cult mode". They will say, "it must be true this time, because they have never done this".But as time passes, and nothing happens. I believe some of them will wake up.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Yep CD is a bitch.

It's also an annual thing now for the GB to drum up some reason for the R&F to think the end is near. I wonder how many years in a row they can repeat the same excitement before the R&F start to wake-up en masse. I know they've been drumming the end is near drum for 100+ years, but it seems like there is a yearly cycle now around October with pepperings of Alarmageddon in between.

• RobertT18
    RobertT18
    @Alive, I knoow I want to do it so badly. I never engage with them in any of their conversations. I was surprised that they added me since i'm not considered the spiritual type of guy in my cong.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

Its funny how for YEARS around October the GB, drums up the big A warnings, and then in November they REALLY push the contributions. Like, different ways a "spiritual" person could give more. From leaving the org your pension, to conditional cash donations, to signing over your life savings on your death bed, and the WTS "lovingly" makes it so easy for them to do this, with contact numbers of legal depts that will help with handling their finances.

The ONLY, initial knee, jerk reaction for any who are in the R&F, will be that "ARMAGEDDONS COMING". The facts, for now, prove otherwise. If it was REALLY about the preaching work, then construction and printing, and special pioneers, and missionaries, would be getting increases and MORE favors, NOT getting ERASED.

In a cult, you can only put a positive spin on things that may seem negative. Thats the nature of mind control. The GB has been subtly, and even outrightly, conditioning the R&F, up to this point, to blindly accept this. The emphasis on OBEDIENCE, and that WHATEVER the GB says, even if it makes NO SENSE, was their way of mentally preparing the sheeple to swallow this whole.

The difference here, though, is that these really are big, fundamental changes, and what the GB is taking away, does not match with the reasons they say they are taking it away. As, time progresses, and the reality sets in, i think many are going to, at a minimum, start questioning WTF is going on here.

These are interesting times, my friends.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree with all the responses so far. This response is to be expected, how else do you cope with unsettling changes when you are not allowed to voice your concerns.

The novelty will wear off pretty quickly though once they realize they are being short-changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit